Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-13-2001, 06:45 AM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Draconis Spoilers
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

Gee... I think I had a harder time fighting Hive Mothers than Draconis with my solo Sorcerer... ...

Pre-battle Preparations:
------------------------

At the entrance of Abazigal's Lair.

Contingency: True Sight

Chain Contingency: Protection from Magical Weapons, Spell Immunity and Mislead

Stoneskin and Spell Trap( from Staff of the Magi +5)

After all this, I casted Project Image and used the illusion to cast Wish until I got the option to rest and rememorise all spells. I then used the illusion to summon a Wizard Eye, a Planetar, and casted Resist Fear on everybody. After all this, I used the Planetar to kill the illusion.

I then made the Planetar cast Globe of Blades.

Draconis, Human Form:
---------------------

Using the Wizard Eye as a guide, I lead the Planetar to Draconis. Immuned to his Fear, physical attacks and 95% magic resistant, the Planetar spanks Draconis good.

Draconis dies and transforms into a Dragon, this transformation cause the Planetar to die. Odin Magnus is somewhere on the horizon drinking some tea waiting for Draconis.

Draconis, Dragon Form:
----------------------

Draconis appears in Odin Magnus's sight and the contingencies kick in. Odin casted Project Image and the illusion casts Time Stop, followed by Improved Alacrity.

The following spells were unleashed from the illusion,

6 Magic Missiles,
8 Melf's Acid Arrows, ( Yes, yes, I know... Draconis is immuned to acid, so this is more for fun [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
7 Flame Arrows,
8 Finger of Deaths, ( Yes, yes, I know... Draconis is immuned to Death Magic, so this is more for fun too [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
4 Feebleminds,
and 4 Comets

That done, I made the illusion stand right next to Draconis and casted the following,

3 Lower Resistances,
2 Greater Malisons,
and 3 Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wiltings.

Draconis had Spell Turning, but I was not worried, because come on... it is only the illusion that will get it, and we all know that the illusion is expendable.

Heh, heh... these have to be the funniest screenshots I have ever taken.

Screenshots

Now it is time for Abazigal and Tamah, woohoohoohoohoo.

Thanks for reading. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 09:10 AM   #2
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LOL, Dundee. I haven't done him yet, and I think my three mages might have almost all the grief you put on him. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 10:51 AM   #3
CmdChicken
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Do you never feel guilty for putting so much pain all on one poor little defence less dragon?
CmdChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 01:13 PM   #4
StormCast
Dungeon Master

Great shots

BTW: where can u find robe of venca and staf of magi, cant reamember(P**me of)
Three Rings for the elven kings under the sky,<br />Seven for the dvarf lords in their halls of stone,<br />Nine for mortal men doomed to die,<br />And One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne,<br />In the lands of Mordor where the shadows lie.<p>One Ring to rule them all,<br />One Ring to find them,<br />One ring to bring them all,<br />And in the darkness bind them.<br />In the lands of Mordor where the shadows lie.<p><br />StormCast
StormCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 01:32 PM   #5
toriuxik
Banned Smartass

Whats the point of commet? I've always like that dragon head fireball thingy alot more. Oh well.
toriuxik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 01:55 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by toriuxik:
Whats the point of commet? I've always like that dragon head fireball thingy alot more. Oh well.

Because it hits faster? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I was going for a fast kill.
Old 12-13-2001, 01:58 PM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by StormCast:
Great shots
BTW: where can u find robe of venca and staf of magi, cant reamember(P**me of)

Robe of Vecna is bought from a bonus merchant( Deidre to be exact), and she is found in the Adventurer's Mart.

Staff of Magi is loot from fighting the Twisted Rune group in the Bridge District.
Old 12-13-2001, 01:59 PM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by CmdChicken:
Do you never feel guilty for putting so much pain all on one poor little defence less dragon?

Whenever I get a guilt attack, I just think of what I am about to do to his Father.
Old 12-13-2001, 02:00 PM   #9
StormCast
Dungeon Master

tnx man
Three Rings for the elven kings under the sky,<br />Seven for the dvarf lords in their halls of stone,<br />Nine for mortal men doomed to die,<br />And One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne,<br />In the lands of Mordor where the shadows lie.<p>One Ring to rule them all,<br />One Ring to find them,<br />One ring to bring them all,<br />And in the darkness bind them.<br />In the lands of Mordor where the shadows lie.<p><br />StormCast
StormCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 02:04 PM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by StormCast:
tnx man

No problem.