Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2001, 12:11 PM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

POSSIBLE SPOILER
I´m currently in the city of Sarudash...under siege of Fire Giants
But I´ve been through the city a couple of times and I can´t find a way into the castle....so HEEEEEELP

Sparhaqk is one fisty fellow
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 12:15 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sometimes the direct approach isn't the best. Backdoors are often easier to enter.

Make sure you talk to EVERYONE. (Spoiler below)
There is a secret entrance to the castle (the back door as it were) that is accessible through the prisons/sewers.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 02:07 PM   #3
CmdChicken
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi, I'm new to the forum (been lurking a while though ) and I thought I'd put my question in here to save space.

SPOILERS-------------------------------
So, I've got into those fire mountains and have just entered the nasty fire giant Bhaalspawn's house.....and was immediately raped by about 8 burly fire giants. Is there an easy way to not die as soon as I walk through the door?

Party: Sarevok, Viconia, Korgan, Imoen, Edwin, Bounty Hunter(me)
Items Include: Celstial fury, flail of ages (+3), Stonefire +3

Hints appretiated [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT---
My spelling errors hurt almost as much as those fire giants...doh [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: CmdChicken ]

CmdChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 02:34 PM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Greater Malison, followed by Emotion comes to mind.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 03:34 PM   #5
Magness
Quintesson

To CmdChicken ...

Try buffing up your party with protection magic before entering the cave.

Protection from Evil 10' radius (you should ALWAYS have this spell on your party when you're in a hostile area)
Chant
Bless
Barkskin for non-mages
Stoneskins for mages (you should ALWAYS have this spell on your party when you're in a hostile area)
Haste
Armor of Faith for clerics

When you enter the room, have your mages/clerics summon 1 monster each to run interference for your party.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 04:15 PM   #6
CmdChicken
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks, I managed to do it with haste before I read this and I seem to be puzzling along all those giants with summoned monsters and bolt of glory/chain lightning/abi dalzims but its still hard, with this I should be alright, thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]
CmdChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 01:13 PM   #7
Too Hot
Dungeon Master

go into the tavern and speak to the lady at the top left and say yes go with her and she'll take u to a bit with vampires try and detect for hidden doors inside and follow ur way round