Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2003, 11:12 AM   #1
JakesOrBetter
Dungeon Master

If I begin with a Kensai and Dual to a Mage, will I be able to get both The Fighter's stronghold and the Mage's stronghold, or do I just get one or the other, and if so, which one?

Thanks, Jake
JakesOrBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 11:13 AM   #2
JakesOrBetter
Dungeon Master

Also, would a F/MU/TH get all three.

Thanks again, Jake
JakesOrBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 11:19 AM   #3
lasher
Dungeon Master

i always wondered too.
lasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 11:40 AM   #4
Annatar
Mephistopheles

You will get the first stronghold (lets say nalia's quest for instance), then doing the Planar Sphere quest (stronghold for mages/sorc.) you cannot get him because you already own a stronghold...

with a weimer mod you can have ALL the strongholds... let me know if you want a link to that particular mod.
Old 02-11-2003, 08:19 PM   #5
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

the weimer mod lets you have ALL strongholds in the game at once.

a better way, to only get all strongholds for your particular classes is to use shadowkeeper. Just edit your saved game when you gain a stronghold, find the variable "playerhasstronghold" and set it to =0.

without mods or editting, this is what stronghold you will get:
-for multiclass characters- the first stronghold quest you complete.
-for dual classes. not sure, but I think only currently active classes count.
if you already regained your first class... maybe it depends on which quest you do first
Old 02-12-2003, 12:07 AM   #6
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
For the dual-class characters, you will only be offered the stronghold if the proper class is "active".

If you are a fighter-->mage that hasn't regained fighter status yet, Nalia will not offer the keep, but she would if your fighter levels were active.

Also, if you don't plan on using the various tricks to get multiple strongholds, you CAN choose which one to take. For example, if you had a fighter-->mage with both classes active and finished the Keep, but decided you'd rather get the mage stronghold, you can just refuse the Fighter one and get the Mage one later. The game does not check to see if you've been offered another stronghold, only whether you have accepted one.

P.S. there is a way to get multiple strongholds without any mods or tinkering with variables, but it doesn't work with all the strongholds (and the order you do things in matters). The previous paragraph should be enough of a hint to work out how.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 02:33 AM   #7
LennonCook
Jack Burton

The multi-strongholds bug only works, AFAIK, with the De'Arnase Keep and one other Stronghold...
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 02:33 AM   #8
smeagol420
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My main Char, Guildor, is a ranger/cleric dual class.
I have the ranger stronghold but havent found the priet one yet.
Will i get at some point?
Old 02-12-2003, 11:31 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Accepting one stronghold nullifies your chance to get any other stronghold unless you install a third-party mod.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote