Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-23-2001, 08:34 AM   #41
Epona
Zartan

Ziroc,
My thoughts are with your mother, and of course you and your sister too. It is good that your mother has a wonderful family to look out for her.

Illness is always a horrible shock. There has fortunately not been a history of cancer in my family, but it is heart problems instead. My uncle died a week and a half ago, very suddenly, with no chance for any of us who loved him to say things we would have liked to say. My mum (his sister) did not even know he was ill until he was in a coma after heart surgery because he would not tell her - he did not want her to worry. It was lucky that we could get to the hospital before the inevitable happened, and I think that although he was unconscious, he was aware that we were all there with him. He was in his 50s.

I am sorry if that story is depressing, but I have been a bit down about it this last week.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 08-23-2001, 08:45 AM   #42
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Illness is always a horrible shock. There has fortunately not been a history of cancer in my family, but it is heart problems instead. My uncle died a week and a half ago, very suddenly, with no chance for any of us who loved him to say things we would have liked to say. My mum (his sister) did not even know he was ill until he was in a coma after heart surgery because he would not tell her - he did not want her to worry. It was lucky that we could get to the hospital before the inevitable happened, and I think that although he was unconscious, he was aware that we were all there with him. He was in his 50s.

I'm sorry to hear that Epona, I wish you guys the best in coping with your loss.

------------------
Old 08-23-2001, 09:35 AM   #43
Drake
Baaz Draconian

I wish I had some words of incuragement or something to say that would make thing a little better but I don't think anything I could say would help any. so just know that I am sorry about your mother and I do wish you and your family the best.

------------------

Drake A.K.A. bocaj
Old 08-23-2001, 12:59 PM   #44
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

There isn't really much that can be said Z. Just be with her and tell her whats in your heart. Take Care of yourself and those you love. Your mother and your family will be in all our thoughts I am sure. Lets us know what you can when you can. Gawd Bless.

------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.
Old 08-23-2001, 01:02 PM   #45
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Ziroc,
My thoughts are with your mother, and of course you and your sister too. It is good that your mother has a wonderful family to look out for her.

I am sorry if that story is depressing, but I have been a bit down about it this last week.

*hugs Epona for a long time*

Old 08-23-2001, 02:41 PM   #46
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I pray to God that things start getting better for you. I haven't had to deal with that yet, and I can only imaging how it must be for you.

She will be in my prayers.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 08-23-2001, 04:11 PM   #47
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Dan,

So sorry, I had hoped by this week she would have been better. Please take care, and hang in there. I will be remembering you, Donna, your sister, and especially your mom.

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB

Old 08-24-2001, 01:28 PM   #48
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

All I can say, Dan, is that I am awfully sorry to hear that truly sad news and that I will keep my fingers crossed for you and your family !

My condolences for you, Epona, and I am very glad about even the shortest glimpse of the Penguinlady I can get these days.

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 08-24-2001).]
Old 08-24-2001, 02:03 PM   #49
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Ziroc, I know what it's like. My dad, who's 77 had leuchemia last year (caused by taking mixing "natural" medicine... beware). He managed to survive but it was rough times (for both my own family and for my mom (who's 55)). Now, his leuchemia is in remision. Just Monday, he went in for some routine test and they came back positive. My whole family was defastated. After further testing, it was confirmed that the original tests were false positive. A one in about 5000 odd... we were lucky.

I truly hope it's the same for you.

Hang in there. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Phil
Old 08-24-2001, 06:49 PM   #50
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

I can't imagine how hard it must be to have to be so brave in the midst of such a battle. As Wolfgir said, words are truly inadequate at times like this. Please know that you are in my thoughts & prayers.

I am sure you know that you are loved and supported by friends from around the world during this most challenging time.

*Hugs*

------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

For R³ in thanks:
Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.