Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-02-2001, 11:23 PM   #1
frostgiantsson
Dungeon Master

Help! I'm pretty sure I've solved the easy riddle of how to place the four items into the pipes (hand, ring, blood, staff). But, I don't physically know how to place them. Do you just leave them in front of the pipes? That doesn't seem to do anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-02-2001, 11:31 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Place the mouse cursor on the items while the character with all the items in inventory is selected, you just click on the pipe and the cursor should change into a "use" icon.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-03-2001, 12:21 AM   #3
frostgiantsson
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
Place the mouse cursor on the items while the character with all the items in inventory is selected, you just click on the pipe and the cursor should change into a "use" icon.

I'm sorry, I know I'm just being stupid now, but "place the mouse cursor on the items"? Do you mean when on the inventory screen? If so, how do I click on the pipe? If I can see the pipes, I can't see the items? I have myself very confused now. Thanks for trying.
Old 06-03-2001, 12:24 AM   #4
BladeMaster

Just click the pipes. You do not need to have the item selected.

------------------

Old 06-03-2001, 12:25 AM   #5
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

ok , just walk up to the pipe. (get as close as you can on the ledge
then put the mouse on hte pipe.
it turns to the arrows in a circle
then click, when you click it should give you a text message that is your clue.
click again and you will "use" the pipe, and put what ever item goes there automaticly.
but make sure you do it in the correct order, or make sure you have protection from fire

------------------

Lord of the Screen Shot
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin
Old 06-03-2001, 12:28 AM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by slackerboy:
ok , just walk up to the pipe. (get as close as you can on the ledge
then put the mouse on hte pipe.
it turns to the arrows in a circle
then click, when you click it should give you a text message that is your clue.
click again and you will "use" the pipe, and put what ever item goes there automaticly.
but make sure you do it in the correct order, or make sure you have protection from fire

Get a screen shot will ya?

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-03-2001, 12:33 AM   #7
frostgiantsson
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
Get a screen shot will ya?

GOD I AM THICK, but I must ask more. You say to make sure to do it in the right order, but how do I indicate order? I click on the pipe, it turns into "use", click again. You say it goes automatically, but to make sure the order is right? That seems like a contradiction. Sorry for being so dense.
Old 06-03-2001, 04:26 AM   #8
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

You can find a guy nammed Quallo or something. He is standing near the carrion crawler whose blood you got. Talk to him and ask where to put the items. He'll not say this item goes in tube 1 but he'll give some info on it. And if you have all 4 items it's real easy to figure it out.

JR

Nunc ut nunquam
Old 06-03-2001, 04:32 AM   #9
Leagle
Manshoon

I also had trouble with this. It appeared to place a random item, in, even though I knew how it worked. I had to leave all the incorrect ones on the ground.
Old 06-03-2001, 08:00 AM   #10
frostgiantsson
Dungeon Master

I know this is my fault, but now you people don't get me! I have figured out the order of the riddle. I am too stupid to figure out how to actually place the four items down and then how to make anything happen. I am still too stupid, and am going to move on to something for simpler people as nobody can tell me how to do this!