Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2001, 09:12 PM   #1
PreciousGollum
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I finished my first session on BGII earlier today,and have just emerged from the first dungeon.So what did I make of it all?

Well it's certainly a polished game,the music inparticular made the whole experience a joy.Good graphics that were clear,but dark and atmospheric at the same time,easy to learn control system (although combat in real time can be very nerve wracking) which also boasts exellent customisation once the basics have been mastered,and voice acting that is not too cheesy.My only problem is remembering the symbols for all the spells and different armour types that are available,but this will pass with time.I hope the story has some good twists and turns in it,and I continue to enjoy the game enough to play it all the way through.

I have a sudden urge to buy a pet hampster,but maybe this is just a short turn problem!

------------------
"It hurts us,it hurts us.It freezes,it bites!"

[This message has been edited by PreciousGollum (edited 04-02-2001).]
Old 04-02-2001, 09:36 PM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

this is only the beginning my friend this is only the beginning of a wonderous journey in the realm of bg2

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 04-02-2001, 09:40 PM   #3
Chai
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Make sure you presss tab when the cursor is over the armor or spell icon and the name will pop up immediately.
Old 04-02-2001, 09:56 PM   #4
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

i just turned up my tool tip speed in the game options. that makes the description pop up faster

------------------
Old 04-02-2001, 10:56 PM   #5
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Greetingss, my Preciouss! It pleassesss uss, yess it doess, that you have had fun!
It only getss better, yess it doess!

Minsc is great fun, isn't he? What did you make your lead character?

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Old 04-02-2001, 11:25 PM   #6
white heron
Manshoon

You CAN pause the game(spacebar),and give commands so it's not quite realtime.
Old 04-03-2001, 08:04 AM   #7
PreciousGollum
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've been tweekin' the controls to match my prefered style and it's helped considerably when quick thinking is needed.I have set the autopause to activate each round,it seems a nice trade off between panic-ridden realtime and stop n'start jitterness.My character is called Malice,she's a figter/thief who tends towards the chaotic side,should be fun to play!

------------------
Old 04-03-2001, 05:28 PM   #8
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Sounds interesting. Nice name, lol! Are you playing evil, my preciousss?
I alwayss playss good!
Completed the game with a pure Cleric, neutral good alignment, and now have a Bard (Skald kit), who seems pretty useful so far. It is interesting to see the different way the game goes with different class type.

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Old 04-03-2001, 05:50 PM   #9
Tancred
White Dragon

Heh heh, another one hooked! Believe me, the game only gets better and better from the first dungeon. I was fresh from playing BG1 - and the dingy, somewhat phantasmagoric dungeon made me think I was playing a different game... I was intimidated, kinda. Once you get out of there, things are sooooooooooo much more pleasant!

Tancred

The music's great, innit! Release a CD, someone! Napster it!
Old 04-03-2001, 07:11 PM   #10
PreciousGollum
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi Fljotsdale,me never plays evil-no,no!We's just misunderstood,yes that's it,them terrible Elves with their bright eyes,and them nasssty hobbitsis-ach!Them's been speaksin' lies about poor gollum-nice and gentle my precious yes...Err...Anyway,where was I?

Oh yes,Malice is not really evil,just a touch chaotic.I chose that maniacal laugh as her voice and I love to hear it when she charges into the fray.It would be interesting to play the game through a second time with a Paladine or Cleric to see if it does affect the story in any way,maybe someone has the lowdown on this?

Tancred,I'm glad someone else enjoys the music too.Sound in games is all too often just brushed over,so it's a real treat when development teams make the effort to please our ears,and not just our eyes.

------------------