Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2001, 09:31 AM   #1
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

I'm playing (as some of you might already know) as an Undead Hunter (paladin). That means automatically that my alignment is Lawful good. I just finished the part with Grommir Il-Khan (and killed him, after he attacked me ). Just after I did that I saw that my alignment changed to Neutral Evil.......I hate being evil. Someone have a clue??

------------------
I pledged my vows to Torm - Mirac Honorguard (Undead Hunter)
Mirac Honorguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 09:38 AM   #2
Ladie Jas
Dungeon Master

I am also an undead hunter... and have recently killed the same Bhaalspawn but with no detriment to my alignment or reputation...so dont know what went wrong for you... can you reload from a previous save..?

------------------
Justice and Honour will prevail....
Ladie Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 09:56 AM   #3
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Well met, noble Paladin . Well, my reputation is way beyond 20 (doesn't get any higher ) and I haven't turned into a Fallen Paladin.. I just don't know, something went wrong I assume

------------------
Old 08-31-2001, 02:26 PM   #4
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Greetings fellow Paladins (for I swear to the Cavalier)! Did your alignment actually change after the fight (i.e. did you see [character name]-lost class - Undead Hunter) or did you only notice it after the fight? It could be that you have chosen dialogue options that are interpreted as evil. Make sure that when speaking to NPC's you always say the noble thing. There is another possibility however, detailed below:

SPOILERS: Re the end of SoA
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
You might have changed alignments in the tests in hell at the end of SoA. In each of these test you must do the noble thing and make sacrifices. If you do not your alignment becomes Neutral/Evil. That's the only place that's cropped up a lot as far as alignment changes are concerned. If it's happened later then this though, I'm really not sure what's occurred. I too had no problems after killing Gromnir.

It's possible you've been hit by some sort of bug. The best advice I can give you is to go back to a previous save game and try some different dialogue options. Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

------------------
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
Sharpedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 08:07 AM   #5
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Greetings Fellow Paladin. My alignment before Saradush (thus in Hell, with Cespenar) was lawful good. I mentioned it when I was entering the area with Nyalee (and the fake gorion) and casted detect evil, I suddenly mentioned that Mirac Honorguard was Evil so I checked with the char screen and there indeed could read neutral evil...strange. I checked with shadow keeper and the character viewer and then there stands lawful good...... Fortunately I'm not expiriencing trouble, people look up to me as good, so I guess its alright.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Mirac Honorguard (edited 09-01-2001).]
Old 09-04-2001, 01:18 AM   #6
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I guess it's with me getting Sarevok.. how utterly delightful... I want me chaotic good status!!!

------------------

Heya! It's me, Imoen! And I looove bunnies!!!
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 02:43 AM   #7
Kitka
Dungeon Master

sometimes your alignment will shift during *retribution* the first test to leaave the pocket plane. did you have to kill elves and paladins? or kobalds and drow? that is what happened to me once, though i wasnt lawful, i was neutral good, and think that these keywords like neutral caused the spawning of noble creatures, which i was forced to kill. - hence align shift.
Kitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 04:56 AM   #8
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kitka:
sometimes your alignment will shift during *retribution* the first test to leaave the pocket plane. did you have to kill elves and paladins? or kobalds and drow? that is what happened to me once, though i wasnt lawful, i was neutral good, and think that these keywords like neutral caused the spawning of noble creatures, which i was forced to kill. - hence align shift.
I don't think that's it, my character was true neutral and had to kill Kobolds and Drow as well...

Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 06:28 AM   #9
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

I'm beginning to think that's a bug..Only evil characters supposed to fight the "goodies" and good characters (like myself) supposed to fight the bad characters. That's my final conclusion.

------------------
Old 09-06-2001, 11:17 AM   #10
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

No, no, no... I checked what's the prob if it was a bug and all... and IT AIN'T. This is how it went:

I checked it out with SK, and it said my align is Chaotic Good, but here's the hitch...

When I checked my Affects thingee, or connected with codes... (There are two, the one with romances and etc, and the one that has the things that you had when you used the tears of Bhaal in hell). It is abou the tests indeed... I took the black razor, and it made the hell out of my alignment... and it is useless in ToB... sad to say... so that's one. The other I think is with the dragon? As much as possible, don't kill I think... Also, do not take the nymph cloak from the demon.. fear...

------------------

Heya! It's me, Imoen! And I looove bunnies!!!
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote