Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-28-2001, 12:00 AM   #1
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

I can't attest to the truth of these, But knowing the truth is stanger then fiction they ought to be true.

Recently, when I went to McDonald's I saw on the menu that you could have an order of 6, 9 or 12 Chicken McNuggets. I asked for a half dozen nuggets? "We don't have half dozen nuggets," said the teenager at the counter. "You don't?" I replied. "We only have six, nine, or twelve," was the reply. "So I can't order a half-dozen nuggets, but I can order six?" "That's right." So I shook my head and ordered six McNuggets.

The paragraph above doesn't amaze me because of what happened a couple of months ago. I was checking out at the local Foodland with just a few items and the lady behind me put her things on the belt close to mine. I picked up one of those "Dividers" that they keep by the cash register and placed it between our things so they wouldn't get mixed. After the girl had scanned all of my items, she picked up the "Divider" looking it all over for the bar code so she could scan it. Not finding the bar code she said to me "Do you know how much this is?" and I said to her "I've changed my mind, I don't think I'll buy that today." She said "OK" and I paid her for the things and left. She had no clue to what had just happened.....

MAKES YOU WONDER HOW THESE PEOPLE CAN SURVIVE!

A lady at work was seen putting a credit card into her floppy drive and pulling it our very quickly. When inquired as to what she was doing, she said she was shopping on the Internet and they kept asking for a credit card number, so she was using the ATM "thingy."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I recently saw a distraught young lady weeping beside her car. Do you need some help?" I asked. She replied, "I knew I should have replaced the battery to this remote door unlocker. Now I can't get into my car. Do you think they (pointing to a distant convenient store) would have a battery to fit this?" "Hmmm, I dunno. Do you have an alarm too?" I asked. "No, just this remote thingy," she answered,
handing it and the car keys to me. As I took the key and manually unlocked the door, I replied, "Why don't you drive over there and check about the batteries. It's a long walk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several years ago, we had an Intern who was none too swift. One day she was typing and turned to a secretary and said, "I'm almost out of typing paper. What do I do?" "Just use copier machine paper," the secretary told her. With that, the intern took her last remaining blank piece of paper, put it on the photocopier and proceeded to make five "blank" copies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was in a car dealership a while ago, when a large motor home was towed into the garage. The front of the vehicle was in dire need of repair and the whole thing generally looked like an extra
in "Twister". I asked the manager what had happened. He told me that the driver had set the "cruise control" and then went in the back to make a sandwich.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IDIOTS AT WORK...
Sign in a gas station: Coke -- 49 cents. Two for a dollar.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IDIOTS & COMPUTERS
My neighbor works in the operations department in the central office of a large bank. Employees in the field call him when they have problems with their
computers. One night he got a call from a woman in one of the branch banks who had this question: "I've got smoke coming from the back of my terminal. Do you guys have a fire downtown?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IDIOTS ARE EASY TO PLEASE

I was sitting in my science class, when the teacher commented that the next day would be the shortest day of the year. My lab partner became visibly excited, cheering and clapping. I explained to her that the amount of daylight changes, not the actual amount of time. Needless to say, she was very disappointed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Police in Radnor, Pennsylvania, interrogated a suspect
by placing a
metal colander on his head and connecting it with wires
to a photocopy machine. The message "He's lying" was
placed in the copier, and police pressed the copy button each
time they thought the suspect wasn't telling the truth.
Believing the "lie detector" was working, the suspect confessed

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"
Old 08-28-2001, 12:13 AM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

LOL LOL LOL

fantastic!
Old 08-28-2001, 12:27 AM   #3
Draconia

LOL FUNNY!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2001, 12:28 AM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

The one about the man setting the cruise control and going to the back I know is true, for I heard that on the news years ago (back in the late 70's when cruise control was first out.)

Too funny, John D.! I agree, where do they FIND these people???

------------------
Old 08-28-2001, 12:36 AM   #5
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Without ones such as these we would have no one to compare our own stupidity to.

------------------
Old 08-28-2001, 01:21 AM   #6
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Gee frikken whiz...

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be
Old 08-28-2001, 03:27 AM   #7
Sigmar
Unicorn

LOL, have you ever thought about joining the Laughing Hyena's?

------------------
"It dosn't matter whether you believe in reincarnation. The point is, does reincarnation believe in you?
Sigmar, member of clan HADB.
Old 08-28-2001, 03:11 PM   #8
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Gods, how can people be THIS stupid? With people like this as part of our race it's kinda hard to understand how we rose to be the dominant creatures on this planet.
Old 08-28-2001, 03:19 PM   #9
domingo
Zhentarim Guard

I actually worked with some of these people at Dairy Queen ... you would be surprised how many people in this world are utter idiots, but on a happier note I also met some of the smartest and coolest people I know there too .... so I guess where the worst lurk there also lurks the best .....
Old 08-28-2001, 04:46 PM   #10
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

yeesh! geeze, i thought people were morons, but now im absolutely positive!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.