Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2002, 04:05 PM   #1
svanur
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hi guys there have been a couple of things i been wondering first of all is baldurs gate 2 a good multiplayer game i have been thinking about trying it online?

and i have been reading the forum and everybody is talking about i want to bee a character like drizzt or just a DROW but eaven if you make a character just like drizzt of course not the stuff he has you will never have as good of a character as a drow is will you? dont they have like a better armor class, Im not trying to judge the people who do this im just wondering is this possible or is it just for the more fun in the game to look like a drow?

and i just want to say now i just started playing it again after a long time i reamember the first time i played and got my own guild how happy i was becouse i always play a thief dosent matter what game i ust love the thief character,Anyway now the second time i play the game and i just got the guild again and felt that feeling again.
#I LOVE BGSOA#
DŽarthan
svanur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 04:42 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

I personaly dont like BG2 in multiplayer, since you have to deal with the Worst AI Creatures Ever - your own party members. with my lcoal group, you tend to get blasted by your own mages more often than not. if you have some _competent_ partners and a decent setup - mine crashes a fair bit - it could be fun. I woudnt bother with net play though, LAN play is stressful enough.

With The Darkest Day (www.teambg.com) you _can_ play as a drow. I suppose its technicaly possible to seperate the drow race/kit and install it seperately, just dont ask me to do it.
Old 02-19-2002, 07:07 PM   #3
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Do not play BG2 online. Aside from the things Andrewas mentioned, you always have people who have hacked characters and that takes the fun out of it, imo. Lan games of BG2 work better as long as you set it up in such a way that nobody can have hacked characters. If someone comes up with one, boot him. But that's just my opinion.

You could make one but this class/kit will of course only work if you are evil. Good drow exist (ie Drizzt) but not to much of them. The only difference, iirc, between a drow and a normal elf is that drow have magic resistance but that's it.