Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2001, 03:46 PM   #1
SunSlip
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi everyone!

If you're interested in a single-player roleplaying game that combines the elements of Phantasy Star & the fallout series, and would like to check out a free beta download of my PC game Dying Sun, I urge you to do so:
The game features an emphasis on dialog, modern day weaponry (you start out with a 0.22 caliber pistol) and detailed bestiary. Think Phantasy Star combat and fallout situations (drug-filled teddy bears, robots attaining partial sentience and questioning their creation, stolen art, missing state examiners (sent from the GSA, Virgina chapter, etc.)
Click here for Dying Sun

Comments, bug reports, suggestions welcomed! Current version 0.93!

[This message has been edited by SunSlip (edited 07-04-2001).]
Old 05-28-2001, 04:20 PM   #2
demus
Manshoon

Hey, It look cool, but the downloads a bit big , I'll download it soon (I don't have much time online tonight so I wont be able to download all of it now) But I will certianly try it out, ok

------------------
Nicodemus Deathslayer, Paladin of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 05-28-2001, 07:28 PM   #3
Bleys
Dungeon Master

Looks like fun,
so all have to do is wait for it to download

Old 05-28-2001, 10:01 PM   #4
SunSlip
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sorry about the download size, but there are a lot of audio files.. I'm a big fan of the importance of music / sound in a game, so there are well over 100 customized sound files in the game; "Critical Hit," "I can't feel my legs!" , "Sweet Moses! What were you doing out there by the lake?" etc...

Hope you guys (or gals) enjoy it! I've had a lot of fun making it. I'll be releasing the beta 0.87 patch tomorrow.

What other games have hot dogs, custom rimfire 0.22 pistols, cocaine-filled teddy bears, jewelry merchants that want you to retrieve a primo stash from a genetic-recombination lab locker, and detailed information about Pennsylvania's per capita mushroom production in the past decade? On second thought, don't answer that, someone will probably find an example besides my game ^.^

------------------
Toad Village is for toads !
Old 05-29-2001, 01:05 AM   #5
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

*Bump* for Lifetime...

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Pfil
Old 05-29-2001, 01:10 AM   #6
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

I'll have to give it a whirl!

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?
Old 06-01-2001, 02:33 PM   #7
demus
Manshoon

Hey, I've finished downloading it and have played it a bit. Well, what can I say, Strange, but good fun (deadly giant hedgehog anyone )
Oi, People, you should download and try this out, its good, weird fun

------------------
Nicodemus Deathslayer, Paladin of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 07-04-2001, 12:40 AM   #8
Moni

Bump

So who else is playing Dying Sun? How are you liking it?
I downloaded it but got my butt killed pronto and haven't tried a second time although I thought it was a neat game...kind of a futuristic Zelda LOL.

Rex really liked the look of it and was going to play it but got into The Cossacks and has not been able to play anyhing else besides that and his usual daily run of Unreal Tournament.

Moni

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 07-04-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 07-04-2001).]

Old 07-04-2001, 12:19 PM   #9
SunSlip
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that Dying Sun is up to version 0.93.... there have been a lot of changes, including combat fixes, new town maps added, scuba diving maps, and much more!

What other game has a quest that requires you to recover a pair of antique panties to get scuba gear? *grin*

Also, the site has moved, so please head on over to the NEW SITE:
www.deepdarksea.com/ds.htm

and check it out!

[This message has been edited by SunSlip (edited 07-04-2001).]
Old 07-05-2001, 08:02 AM   #10
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

I tried downloading, but the server is not responding. I will try again later. I am a big fan of the Fallout games so if it is anything like them I will enjoy it. So far the reviews look good.

------------------

The line between good and evil is a razor sharp thing. Be careful of misteps,
as you may find yourself spitted upon your own blade.