Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2004, 05:31 PM   #1
Sythe
Ra

Smiley

I cannot decide whether to purchase the game for PC or Xbox.

I am afraid if I purchase it for PC that my computer won't run it just like it did not run for Invisible War. I don't want to waste fifty bucks for nothing ever again. But I know if I do buy it there might be a level editor and I could downlaod fan made thief missions.

I am afraid if I buy it for the X that I would not be able to get fan made missions UNLESS the game is Xbox live supported. And for Xbox I would not have any serious problems as I would for PC. Also I heard that the controller would shake when you are attempting to pick locks. (COOL)

What do you think I should choose?

Another question that is very similar to this one.

I have Deus Ex Invisble War for PC. But computer has failed to run it propely regardless of all the patches I have installed upon the game. Should I repurchase the game but this time for Xbox? But I am worried my dad might upgrade my computer (which is rare) and Invisible War would then run smoothly.

Should I or should I no rebuy the game?

Also a third question!

Is invisble war bad as everyone says it is?

I have a fourth question ready but deciding whether or not to speak it depending on the response from the third question.

Thank you (in advance) for replying!
Old 05-23-2004, 07:57 PM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

what is your video card sythe? in your pc

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 09:12 PM   #3
Sythe
Ra

Not good enough [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I don't know actually I will come back with info.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:37 PM   #4
ScottG
Drow Warrior

I don't remember the orginal game to be that extensive as far as key controls were concerned.

Additionally the game contoller is better than a mouse and a keyboard if the manuevers aren't to complicated. Also the orignals were in chapter form which is perfect for a console game.

I guess the real question then is there a serious limitation to the game in X-box form? (i.e. do a search to see if there is.) Otherwise I wouldn't blink at making my decision, X-box.
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:23 AM   #5
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Sythe, do yourself a BIG favor and go to www.ttlg.com and there are two excellent articles on T3. One is for XBox and another one by Dan that is the single most detailed article on T3 and its game play that I believe is for PC. Scroll down to find these two aticles. Dan's extensive writing is well worth the long read. Personally I am a PC person so I am prejudiced. The Warren Spector article that I listed under a previous post should also help. Let us know what you decided and how you like it.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 11:34 PM   #6
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

I say go get it for PC, you can always get a patch for bugs for Thief III, not so for an XBox. Its one major flaw.(Everyone know how notorious Eidos is for bugs, slmost as bad as Bioware)
Dalamar Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 06:32 PM   #7
Sythe
Ra

I did not get the game but my DAD did. And thankfully it works with my computer just crashes to the desktop every one or two hours. And I have to say the game is quite awesome. The one thing annoys the hell out of me is the way they set up the controls. They were set for right handed people. (I use the mouse with my left hand) And I cannot change the controls for some reason. *sigh* But otherwise awesome game and the shadows are nice! Though this short review is a first impression. I am sure other IW members can give a more indepth one.