Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2003, 12:01 PM   #1
Rhea
Drow Warrior

I'm a terrible note taker, and I've found two programs to be invaluable:

One of them is the interactive map from the Unofficial Elder Scrolls site here:

http://www.m0use.net/~uesp/morrow/espmor.shtml

Not only will it find you any location in the game, but you can recolor sites you visited and add your own notes to it (which helps a lot). I actually started finally adding notes and marking sites I had visited, and wow!

The other is the Journal Converter or Journal Helper, also available at UES, which will print your game journal to a comma delimited file that you can pull into something like word or Excel.

I use it to keep track of uncompleted quests (something I feel is lacking in this game, which is so huge).

Of course, those of you who take good notes probably don't need this stuff.
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 04:12 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I have the map, and it helped me a lot. Didn't know about any journal converter though, is it really that good ? With all the quests you get, your journal gets pretty messy in no time. I hate that book.
Old 01-21-2003, 06:15 PM   #3
Rolandthemad
Manshoon

Tribunal fixes the journal. They should`ve just made that a patch though. The regular Morrowind journal is shit.
Rolandthemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 07:06 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I only need the map on the first game but on second game I seems to know where is where. Such a good memory I have.

I didn't bother with the journal as I make it a point to write down my quest on a piece of paper.

[ 01-21-2003, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 05:36 AM   #5
Grungi
Banned User

erm kakero you end up with about 1000 quests or something obscene, you write em all down? you must like writing [img]tongue.gif[/img] personally i hate the journal and no way id bother writing that many down
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 07:13 AM   #6
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Some I write down and some I don't. Most of them you go off and try to complete straight away - or I do at least. That way I know where I stand.

The really annoying thing is those p*ssant NPCs that are lying in wait for you, asking you to deliver this, that or the other, or asking you to whack some crazy witch-lady they tried it on with and come off the worse. You can never find them again without a major investigation into the highs and lows of the local area. You know you're in trouble when you start out looking for them near Balmora, and end up near Ald'ruhn (or even further afield). Bah, NPCs!
Old 01-22-2003, 03:35 PM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I don't have a problem with quest because once I get a quest. I'll do it immediately. so I never worry about checking which quest I have left out.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 03:41 PM   #8
Aragorn The Wise
Manshoon

I use TES map that just tells me where places are and I can mark if I have visited them before. You can also mark important points on the map. That's about the only thing I can use cause I am a xbox user [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2003, 04:25 PM   #9
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

its all stored in my brain, i go on instinct!!!!! Although that costs a good deal on the Silt Strider though.......
Old 01-23-2003, 03:32 PM   #10
Rhea
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I have the map, and it helped me a lot. Didn't know about any journal converter though, is it really that good ? With all the quests you get, your journal gets pretty messy in no time. I hate that book.
I love it. I can pull the whole journal into Excel. Then I keep a clean copy, and cut and paste current quests into another worksheet that I print out.

I tend to have several quests going at one time - this game it's Mages' Guild, Fighters' Guild, Thieves' Guild, House Hlaalu and Blades. Whew! Sometimes I go off in a direction (in my case at the moment I'm hunting down Propylon Gems for the Master Propylon Index quest - an official plugin that, when completed, will let you transport to any of the propylon chambers), and I clean forgot what I was supposed to be doing for everyone else. I printed out a one-page summary of the quests I hadn't finished, and Voila! I'm back in business.

The journal is stored in the \Morrowind directory in a file called journal.html, so you could just copy it and open it up in an HTML editor as well. But the journal conversion programs are simple, so I've never bothered.

[ 01-23-2003, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Rhea ]
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote