Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 02-07-2001, 03:12 PM   #1
Paladin
Welcomed New User

I have a dtremental problem. I have a P2 450 with 96meg of RAM. The first time that I installed DS on my computer, it brought up an error when it tried to install the voice file (voice1.???). So, I deleted the files that had been installed and re-installed DS. This time it paused at the voice file, then the setup said it was complete. I think the bar was somewhere around 20%. I started up the game and it ran fine until I tried to talk to the guard at the gate. The game froze up the computer and I had to restart the computer. I then went online, got the patches for DS, and I also updated the drivers for my sound card. I still can not talk to anyone with out freezing up my computer any help would be great.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2001, 02:44 AM   #2
20mithrandir

What specs do you have?

- Some major problems occured an system with WinME
- There may also be problems with the graphic card (installed latest drivers?)
- or with directx (which version do you have?)
- or with the CD-ROM-Drive (what type do you have?)
- or in thw worst case with the CD

Try to get an answer on the official forum: http://195.154.206.6/ubb_uk/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi
Or here (Darkstone Tech Support FAQ): http://www.godgames.com/games/darkstone/support.html
Old 02-08-2001, 03:01 PM   #3
Paladin
Welcomed New User

here are my specs:

pentium 2 450 mhz
96meg RAM
Win 98
not sure on type of sound card but it uses ESS drivers
Monster 3D 2 3D graphics card

i think the problem is with the voice file because I re-installed in custom and unchecked the voice file and it ran fine except that the voice repeats every now and then and it has frozen up only a couple of times so far.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2001, 03:48 AM   #4
20mithrandir

In any case uninstall darkstone completely. Then reinstall with all options. If it freezes during installation the cd or the cd-drive may cause the troubles. If you habe antoher cd-drive try to install from that (or burner or dvd).

I hear/read from someone with the same problem who solved it so:
"I made a copy of the cd and the copy worked fine. The original didn't work, but the copy..."