Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-10-2004, 06:27 AM   #1
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Starts in 2 days. First game - Portugal vs. Greece.

Go Portugal.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:42 AM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
There's little confidence left here in our national team. They lost twice the last week, 1-0 against Belgium, and 1-0 against Ireland. I know they were only friendly matches, but they made it perfectly clear that there is no chemistry in this team. It's also clear that with THIS coach we don't have hope that things will look up in the future, because one thing he seems afraid of, is make changes.

Lucky for us the Germans are in an even worse condition. They lost their friendy matches with 5-1 and 4-1 if i'm not mistaken. The only thing that can rescue us now is a sniperrifle. Someone needs to take out our coach, so that another one takes his place. ANYONE will do.

For me, the French are favorite, with the Italians and the Czechs as dangerous outsiders.

[ 06-10-2004, 06:42 AM: Message edited by: johnny ]
Old 06-10-2004, 09:03 AM   #3
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

OK you'll think I'm crazy but I'm backing Latvia to win as unfortunatly Scotland are not competing. Simply because their underdogs and becuase Craig brown tipped them. GO LATVIA!
Old 06-10-2004, 03:31 PM   #4
drew_jarvie
Zhentarim Guard

I have a bet on with my mates, and I got 5th pick and I chose the Dutch... I hope they will perform for the tournament, I'm sure they will.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:45 PM   #5
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I like the Dutch... I have always been Brazil and Netherlands... since this is Euro yeah I am for the Dutch!
Old 06-10-2004, 04:09 PM   #6
mad=dog

Go Denmark.
Underestimated by the world. Overestimated by ourselves.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:14 PM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by drew_jarvie:
I have a bet on with my mates, and I got 5th pick and I chose the Dutch... I hope they will perform for the tournament, I'm sure they will.
I hope you didn't bet too much money on them, they're not exactly what you call "a team". More like Ego Gallore.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:36 PM   #8
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Johnny- I saw the Dutch game against Ireland they were pretty poor and lets not forget it was an under strength Irish side. But I believe the Dutch will have a good Euro 2004 though, simply because they have so many good players, experienced players who I believe will deliver on the big occasion. One of my favorite players of all time is Philip Cocu. I just think he's an excellent player, very underated! I hear he's going back to PSV pity, Man U could have used him for a season or two. I've always liked the Dutch so I hope they do well...

Germany though are terrible at the moment, but they were before the last world cup and got to the final, they know how to play in Tournaments. In their recent friendlies as you mentioned they lost 5-1 against Romania, beat Switzerland 2-0(thought Germany were very lucky the Swiss were the better team) and lost 2-0 at home to Hungary. Not very impressive!

But as I always say to fans of the big national teams who aren't doing so well at the moment you could always be from Northern Ireland! We are so bad we didn't score a goal in ten matches!

Overall though I want Portugal to win I really like their style of football...
Old 06-10-2004, 06:45 PM   #9
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

The only contenders are France and Italy. The spanish, dutch and portuguese all promise so much and deliver nothing.

Actually, I may well be cheering on England and Greece. They're to good to be major underdogs, but not good enough to be favourites. The kind of teams I preffer watching.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:55 PM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
The only contenders are France and Italy. The spanish, dutch and portuguese all promise so much and deliver nothing.

Actually, I may well be cheering on England and Greece. They're to good to be major underdogs, but not good enough to be favourites. The kind of teams I preffer watching.
That's not exactly true. Holland reached the semi's in the last three European tournaments, and the semi's in the worldcup in France, and the only reason they didn't get one or two championships out of those tournaments, is that they choke when it comes to penalty's. Out of all those matches they were eliminated, they didn't lose a single one, they failed miserably from the penaltyspot though.