Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-05-2002, 09:10 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I just purhased n ice cream maker, and I am trying it out right now. I am starting with Chocolate chip Cookie dough ice cream. (Mmmm, mmmm, good!)...and I woundered if any of you make your own ice cream, and wouldn't mind sharing your recipes with me. In turn, I can provide you with an internet site that has recipes and machines...

I look forward to your replies!
Old 01-06-2002, 04:02 AM   #2
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Hey Larry that sounds really cool, can I have that website please?

Try adding hokey pokey chips to vanilla ice-cream, it is New Zealands's 'national' ice-cream.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Scholarcs ]

Old 01-06-2002, 03:11 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Here's the website...

Click Me

It is the best website that I could find in an hour.
Old 01-06-2002, 04:28 PM   #4
DiabloRex
Elminster

extremely simple but tastes good if you like it in its original form. Mix crunched daim with vanilla
Old 01-06-2002, 06:28 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

you will have to explain daim to me...
Old 01-06-2002, 10:49 PM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Larry, add frozen strawberries and their juice to a basic vanilla recipe... mmmmmmmmm.. or raspberries!

Also, don't try Dr. Pepper.. didn't work for me and my friends in college.. LOLOLOL... yuk! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Maple flavoring and walnuts in the basic vanilla is good too.. use REAL vanilla and maple flavorings though!

Cloudy
Old 01-07-2002, 11:19 AM   #7
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Sounds cool being able to make your own ice cream [img]smile.gif[/img] How much do one of these icecream-makers cost?
Old 01-07-2002, 11:27 AM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Sounds cool being able to make your own ice cream [img]smile.gif[/img] How much do one of these icecream-makers cost?

Depends on the brand name. I got an electric one that you freeze the canister in the freeezer over night before making the ice cream instead of using rock salt. It cost $40.00.
There are other brands, with variable prices. Go to the website I posted and you can see a few varieties.
Old 01-07-2002, 10:21 PM   #9
Pangur Ban

quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

I just purhased n ice cream maker, and I am trying it out right now. I am starting with Chocolate chip Cookie dough ice cream. (Mmmm, mmmm, good!)...and I woundered if any of you make your own ice cream, and wouldn't mind sharing your recipes with me. In turn, I can provide you with an internet site that has recipes and machines...

I look forward to your replies!

Hi, Larry_OHF ..

If you are willing to fork out a few dollars, try this book.

"Ices: The Definitive Guide" by Caroline Liddell & Robin Weir

It contains EVERYTHING you will ever need to know about ice cream, sorbets etc., from history, to food science and chemistry, and over 200 recipes, from plain vanilla, all the usual flavours, and up to more exotic and little known variations using everything from blue vein cheese to caviar !!! The recipies can all be made with or without an icecream making machine

[img]graemlins/nicekitty.gif[/img] No icecream lover and/or maker should be without this ... [img]graemlins/nicekitty.gif[/img]

P.S. What sort of icecream maker do you have?

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Pangur Ban ]

Old 01-07-2002, 11:31 PM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Hey! Thanks!
It has been a while since I have seen that ugly cat of your's!

I have an electric GE...
You do not have to use rock salt to lower the temp og the cream...the canister is to be frozen in the freezer before preparation, then it has the churners attached to the lid and a small hole at the top for adding things without interupting the process.
I will go looking for that book this weekend