Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2002, 04:33 PM   #1
Vlad Tepes
Dungeon Master

Sup, after i return th eggs to that silver dragon ( and i escape from ust natha running like the bastards my chars are) can i enter the drow city again, or ill never be able to reenter the place? assuming that i messed up everything there ,when i let their leaders be destroyed by some funky demon, i guess they wont let me back in, right?!
Old 05-29-2002, 04:36 PM   #2
Helspanth
Quintesson

I am not 100% sure but I think that you can't return to the drow city.
I could be wrong on this however.
Old 05-29-2002, 05:42 PM   #3
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

"Murder, Death, Kill." thats all you find in the city AFTER you have 'disposed of the leaders, whats the point of returning to an empty city? or one full of hostiles? of course you could argue that as a child of bhaal, it is a perfect test of your skills to 'cleanse' the drow city. Ah well. ITs up to you I guess. I never even bothered going back...
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 05:55 PM   #4
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
"Murder, Death, Kill." thats all you find in the city AFTER you have 'disposed of the leaders, whats the point of returning to an empty city? or one full of hostiles? of course you could argue that as a child of bhaal, it is a perfect test of your skills to 'cleanse' the drow city. Ah well. ITs up to you I guess. I never even bothered going back...
Can you actually wipe out everyone in the Ust Natha after you kill the Matron Mother?? Do you suffer any consequenses(sp)? Would I be stuck if I did kill every drow??
Tanoch Thas'ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 10:46 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Yes, you CAN go back in, even without your Drow illusion. Apparently the enchantments on the gates (Only "Drow" may enter) fade after the Matron's death. And the Drow aren't that tough....I killed them all with no problems (well, maybe a few rough spots) on my very first game. They should have put some more Drow Mages in there to back up the Fighters, but away from the main path through the city, so low-level parties can still escape if they need to.

I can even kill Jarlaxle and his Mage, although this throws my game into an endless loop--I have only an instant to Pause and Save, and then load the Save.