Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 07-03-2004, 08:37 PM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Were you disapointed by The Wind Waker? Saw the screenshots before they changed it to the cel-shaded graphics? Got really upset with Miyamoto for it? Bought The Wind Waker anyway? Well my friends, Your salvation, has come. To those who have yet to see it, coming in 2005, The Legend of Zelda GCN. (No official name yet. [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

http://nintendoland.com/zelda/games/tww2/index.htm <- Screenshots here.
http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/vids_1.html <- Movie here.
http://nintendoland.com/zelda/games/tww2/link1.jpg <- Link's slightly altered outfit.

(Note: I enjoyed the Wind Waker, so don't think I'm against. What I said sounded good to me. [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 08:49 PM   #2
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
OMG!! Those screenshots look amazing - very realistic. I can't wait for it to come out. 2005, you say? Would that be early 2005 or late 2005?

I had no objection to the Wind Waker. It was perfect, IMO. The Cel-shading was a unique touch, and once you got used to it the graphics were actually pretty impressive. The only thing I could nitpick about TWW is that there were no free land roaming - just teeeeny tiny islands dotted on coordinates in the sea. How on earth could they farm crops in those small places?

Anyway, I hope they meet the set time [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I am definitely getting this game.
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 08:51 PM   #3
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Knowing the zelda game releases from the past, I'd say late 2005. They always come out here in my state around September. We'll just have to wait and see.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 09:31 PM   #4
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
LOL, I'm currently having a heated debate with my sister - she's insisting that the character you play in the Zelda games is called Zelda, and won't let me convince her that he is called Link
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 10:47 PM   #5
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

That's a nice Balrog there have there at the end. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 07-03-2004, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 04:28 AM   #6
Betelgeuse
Zhentarim Guard

well, show her the bits where you meet zelda and she gives her name. ocarina for example
Old 07-05-2004, 05:57 PM   #7
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Now if only they could finally sow the doggone storyline of games together... Man, Ocarina of Time is still my fav...but this one might replace it...:::crosses fingers:::

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 04:50 PM   #8
Raistlin Majere
Ra

looks nice...OoT is(and probably always will be) my favourite of the LoZ games on any nintendo platform...it just has everything! Hope this will suprise me though, as TWW was way too easy for my tastes...

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 02:05 PM   #9
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Looks great! I saw screen shots of it in my Nintendo magazine. I'm really looking forward to it!

p.s I thought the Wind Waker was great the only thing I didn't like was

*SPOILER*
Collecting the Tri-Force shards! That was boring. It's almost like they added that bit on just to make the game last longer...