Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 09-17-2001, 05:29 PM   #1
Darkman

How many more gaming hours should I expect to complete the game, including time spent on the majority of optional side quests? I'm not playing ToSC and I've done every area south of Baldur's Gate Bridge which puts me at the start of Chapter 5. Please no spoilers but I'd like a rough estimate. I've had BG2 sitting here for a month now and I can't wait to get into it, but I think I should probably finish BG1 first.
Darkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 09:50 PM   #2
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Chapter 5 (the City itself) is huge with tons of quests and some very important encounters throughout. So I say to you: Don't Be In a Hurry! Its a fun time. I also HIGHLY suggest getting TotSC. It is a tremendous add-on and the experience cap is raised which means you and your party will be at higher levels when you are finished TotSC. I played TotSC after chapter 5 but before chapter 6. Also, you get get it for $10.00 at Electronic Boutique. As to hours, that is hard to say. It all depends on your style of play and level of experience. Again, don't be in a hurry. Enjoy!
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 11:02 PM   #3
Darkman

I know you're right. I should take my time and enjoy the game, and I do want to get ToSC and further develop my party... But I also really want to do the same for BG2 and ToB! So many things to do! Plus I have that minor inconvenience of real life to worry about and another petty matter of finishing up this thing called college
Darkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 11:03 AM   #4
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

LOL, sounds familiar!

I decided to through the set (BG1/TotSC, BG2 and ToB) over the summer and I'm just starting ToB. Unfortunately, I'm also starting a new job an extra hours commute away and a part time masters in the next fortnight...

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!
Billikins the Bold is offline   Reply With Quote