Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-22-2001, 04:20 PM   #1
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

The most that I know, is that Drow are Neutral Evil. I need to know the alignment of a Lich, is it Lawful, Neutral, or Chaotic? Also, I'm sure some other people will need alignments for other monsters/creatures, so if you know of any that are not posted, please feel free to post them. Thanx
Old 08-22-2001, 04:22 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I think Liches retain the alignment they had in life; either Lawful, Neutral, or Chaotic. Most of them are evil, although I've heard of True Neutral Liches in some arenas.

------------------
Old 08-22-2001, 04:32 PM   #3
Nanobyte

Thanx, Sazerac. I should have known. I just read an article in Dragon magazine about Celestials, and am hoping that they will appear in an adventure in the upcoming NWN. All Celestials are of Good alignment, but sometimes what they feel is Good can sometimes be seen as Evil.
Old 08-22-2001, 04:39 PM   #4
trux

Liches are evil. Most are most likely Chaotic Evil. There are, however, rare instances of a lich that retains the alignment of his/her previous life (good or neutral,) - called Archliches. An example of an archlich would be the liches that were assigned undeath to guard the bones of Kangaxx - they were most likely good or neutral aligned liches.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux

[This message has been edited by trux (edited 08-22-2001).]
Old 08-23-2001, 04:17 AM   #5
Arachnia
Elite Waterdeep Guard

And are'nt drow chaotic evil (seeing as how they worship the lady of chaos)
Old 08-23-2001, 06:37 PM   #6
Nanobyte

No, Drow are Neutral Evil. Chaotic Evil characters are wild, uncivilized beings. They do not plan battles, or look for weaknesses. Drow are nothing like this. Elves are Chaotic Good because they follow what they see as "good".
Old 08-24-2001, 03:22 AM   #7
Starkiller
The Magister

SPOILERS...sort of

The first time you enter the drow city if you are paying attention, you watch a male Drow yell at a slave for messing up, and then draw his sword and butcher him, and then a female Drow walks up, yells at the male Drow for killing the slave since he cost her money, and then procedes to cut the male to chunks, saying "I have other sons". If thats not chaotic, I don't know what is...don't associate good law abiding Neutral Evil people like me with this garbage...well, I guess LAW abiding's not really the right word...

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"
Old 08-24-2001, 11:52 AM   #8
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

ah, but lawful is not the operative word here. Lawful EVIL people use the instituions of law to best benefit themselves, i.e. all lawyers are therefore lawful evil

Anyway, its interesting to note the actions of Drows. Are they truely evil? I mean, in a way there lifestyle is tough, but they are loyal to their societies parameters. For example, In Yemen if you import pork it means instant death, but in Ireland no one gives a second thought to eatng tasty pork sausages. Both would view each other predelictions as being barbaric, but those within their respective would see such behaviour as normal, even righteous. Could not the same argument be extended to drow?
Old 08-24-2001, 03:46 PM   #9
Nanobyte

Would Chaotic Evil characters be capable of having slaves? No.. Drow are not Lawful, because there is no law that they can benefit from, and they are not Chaotic because they are civilized in a way. If Drow were Chaotic beings, especially Chaotic Evil, they wouldn't be living underground. When the Elves banished them, oh so long ago, they would have returned with an onslaught.