Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2001, 06:36 AM   #1
tusitha

I recently bought and installed ToB and continued on my previous adventure in SOA. As far as I know I completed the Jaheira romance in SOA, i.e. I got the harper pin from Elminster and all seemed jake. However on starting ToB (I didn't start a new game with an imported saved game, I replayed the final battle with Irenicus) Jaheira seems to have gone awfully quite. In fact the only dialog I got from her was a relatively minor one that I can't seem to remember. Its been almost 1 week (game time) and still no romance thread.

Suspecting something wierd had happened in the global variable department, I fired up ShadowKeeper to check them out. Heres what I currently have in my latest saved game:

JAHEIRAROMANCE 3716432
JAHEIRAROMANCEACTIVE 2

Seemed normal to me so I looked for the LoveTalk variable only to find it missing. However there was one called LOVERSTRIGGER and its value was 2. I assume this replaced the LOVETALK when the romance reached a certain stage. I tried CTRL + I to bring up the next few dialogs between the NPCs and none of them had a romantic thread.

Is this some sort of bug? Has anyone experienced this before? I never had problems with Jaheira's Romance in SOA and didn't even require the Jaheira Romance Bug Fix. Any ideas, suggestion will be appreciated.
Old 09-30-2001, 05:54 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
The Jaheira romance in ToB is very short, and it ends very abruptly until you reach the very end. How many dialogues have you had? Also have you been to Yaga-Shura's temple yet? There is something that happens there that makes her talk some more.

------------------

Goddess and Sorceress of the HADB
Co-owner of the Evil Petting Zoo
OLD COOT eye candy
And her sidekick Pink
Aelia Jusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 10:54 PM   #3
tusitha

My PC had just one dialogue with her and that was at the very beginning of the game, in that forest. That was it. I completed the Saradush quest and am now in watchers keep. My next stop will be at Yaga-Shura's temple so I guess I'll wait and see what heppens then.

Thanks.

Old 10-01-2001, 08:30 AM   #4
www.cffl.com

Yeah i had the same prob. i was going to ask that too.

------------------

That is what Bin Laden is going to look like when we are done with him.