Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2001, 07:18 PM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Is it true that there isnt ANY 2-handed bastard swords in ToB? I cant decide for Minsc to go on with bastard swords or long swords what's your advice?

Also I heard about xp cap for ToB is 8 million. This means level 40. Can you really advance to this level??? If so, the game should be INCREDIBLE long??

------------------

"Not for your eyes only, also for your beautiful ears.."

Yngwie J. Amadeus Zoltan "Diamond Guardian of Aerie Lovers Sacred Band"
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 07:26 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
There is a very good bastard sword, I can't remember if it is the foebane or Hindo's doom. One of them though. It's not two-handed though. And yes the cap is 8mil, but I've played two games through from SoA and we've only ever reached about 6mil. That's with 6 people though, if you had less you could probably get there.

------------------

Goddess and Sorceress of the HADB, and her sidekick Pink
Aelia Jusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 10:24 PM   #3
DkyMleX
Welcomed New User

the bastard sword is called Foebane+3, or upgraded +5
I prefered bastard swords, but there is a good long sword called Angurvadal
yes you can advance to level 40, but you might have to play the game a
couple times

------------------
whatchu lookin at I dont want ur phone number
DkyMleX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 10:37 PM   #4
trex_2010
Dungeon Master

foebane +5 rulez.

my char is lvl 40btw. i replayed 3 times.

------------------
:: One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity ::

"There's nothing like a gnome wizard to prove that size doesn't matter."
trex_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2001, 08:46 AM   #5
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

First of all,

I DEFINETLY agree your signature message: "There's nothing like a gnome wizard to prove that size doesn't matter"

Yeah I like gnomes very much, they're a very funny race with their inventor, illusionist skills. Also they got very long names. And they are not bad-tempered and blunt like dwarves, not prideful like elves, not stupid like half-orcs not so much shortling like halflings.

I like gnome men and elven females )) -but not drow the high ones like AERIEEEE-

Well, we were talking about swords right? There was lots of longswords in
Soa only few bastard swords. I think still there's lots of longswords in ToB but also lots of bastard swords OR a few GREAT bastard swords and LOTS of FINE longswords?

And tell me, IS THERE ANY BETTER KATANA (only katana not longsword or scimitar) THAN CELESTIAL FURY IN TOB?

------------------

Old 09-17-2001, 02:50 AM   #6
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

I'm sure there is at least one better katana than CF in ToB. I haven't got it yet, but its a safe bet to assume its there.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 07:52 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by floyd:
I'm sure there is at least one better katana than CF in ToB. I haven't got it yet, but its a safe bet to assume its there.
There are katanas with a higher enchantment than CF, but whether they are *better* all round, I would question.

There *is* this one in my game:

Skyblade +5
This is the fabled katana of Memnoch, the legendary Bhaalspawn also known as Gorion's Ward. It is usually dual-wielded by Memnoch with its twin blade, Celestial Wrath. It was the weapon that Memnoch used to banish the tanar'ri prince Demogorgon from the Prime Material Plane in the Year of The Gauntlet.

The full powers of the blade are unknown except to Memnoch himself. What is known is that this blade is a vorpal weapon of the highest order, and only those pure of heart can use it. When it decapitates an opponent, the victim's life energies are converted into pure energy, which then flares, striking all enemies nearby.

STATISTICS:

Equipped Abilities:
Negative Plane Protection
-2 to AC
Resistance to Charm and Confusion
+2 spells of each level from 1 to 9
Gives +50% magic resistance
Combat Abilities:
Each hit has a 20% of instantly killing opponent unless save vs. death (-2 penalty) is made
Soulfire: each time instant kill effect occurs, all enemies are struck by the victim's life energy for 6d6 damage (Save vs. Spell for half damage)
Can cast Holy Fire three times a day
THAC0: +5 bonus
Damage: 1D12 + 5, +2 electrical damage
Damage type: slashing
Weight: 3
Speed Factor: 1
Proficiency Type: Katana
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 6 Strength
Not Usable By:
Druid
Cleric
Mage
Beast Master
Non-good characters

Oops...sorry, I made this one myself.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 09-17-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 09-17-2001).]
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 08:33 AM   #8
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

You're frightening me Memnoch

------------------

Old 09-17-2001, 09:14 PM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoltan:
You're frightening me Memnoch

If you're of good alignment, you have nothing to fear from me.

------------------
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 01:20 AM   #10
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Erk! Memnoch, i have much to fear from you. my CE Sephiroth character also wields a super sword, wanna hear about it? too bad, im tellin about it anyway!

This sword was wielded by the legendary Hero of the Planet. However, as the legend goes the hero went insane, burning down an entire town and slaughtering thousands. After he bruned down the town of Nibelheim, however, he went into hiding. Then five years later he re-emerged into public eye, and began slaughtering more. Even though his attempt at godhood was cut short by a foolish young boy when he was banished to another dimension, he continues the quest in his new dimension.
Since arriving there he has stopped a war, saved an entire region from war, become the hero of another town, and killed the Demon Prince Demogorgon. Also, his next attempt at godhood succeeded, as he was actually a Bhaalspawn, and was merely waiting to claim the throne of his dead father.

STATISTICS:
Thac0: +5 bonus
Damage: 1d12+5
Special abilities: +5 level 1, 7, 8, and 9 Mage Spells; 2 exra level 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 spells.
Only usable by:
Sephiroth

Eat that Memnoch's goody goody blade!
------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!

[This message has been edited by SSJ4Sephiroth (edited 09-20-2001).]
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote