Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2003, 07:32 AM   #61
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
[QB The rankings say that SA is the best side in the world
Cue Donut for rebuttal [/QB]
No need. You've said it all Saffies No 1.

[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-30-2003, 07:34 AM   #62
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Woah, this is getting pretty heated...
They're both great games, lots of fun to play and watch, but that's all they are: games. Seriously folks...
Old 01-30-2003, 07:39 AM   #63
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

No one's heated... we're all cool... well i'm cool... all the rest of you loser computer nerds who spend all their time on the computer... what's that?... I'm WORSE?! oh... um... heh heh heh... see ya!

[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Old 01-30-2003, 07:44 AM   #64
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
They're both great games, lots of fun to play and watch, but that's all they are: games. Seriously folks...
HEY! this is a games site after all [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 01-30-2003, 07:49 AM   #65
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
You tell that to a crowd of footballfans who just saw their favorite team lose.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:58 AM   #66
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
[QB The rankings say that SA is the best side in the world
Cue Donut for rebuttal
No need. You've said it all Saffies No 1.

[/QB][/QUOTE]If you slip over and break that milk bottle - at least you will have the toilet paper handy to sop up the mess

And yes, I did say it all - and you just cut it all out when you quoted me [img]smile.gif[/img] . Nasser knows who the best team is - he said so .
Old 01-30-2003, 01:17 PM   #67
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Starshadow:
I laughed when I read the part about the bowlers being so great. If they were so great, why do the games last so long and so many runs get scored
Simple. Because the rules are different. Elementary. Donut's already answered this, but I'm guessing you didn't do your homework L.S.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-30-2003, 01:18 PM   #68
Keraptisdm
Elminster

Baseball rules! If you prefer Cricket, then that's your thing. I, on the other hand, like baseball.
And Spring Training starts February 14th!
Old 01-30-2003, 01:19 PM   #69
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
If Australia is so dominant, then why does South Africa lead the tables ? And i know that baseball is American Yorick, and the Yankees are an American team. But i don't let it dictate my life as was assumed earlier. It's just a sport, not a religeon.
Ans what do you mean with "we have a division" ? It's only one team, that's not a competition. But you didn't answer me why the worldseries are being broadcast all over the globe, and the most important cricketmatch isn't. Could it be that there are not enough interrested cablecompanies, because not much people will watch it anyway ? I know that's exactly the case in Holland, and with the exeption of Britain, the same goes for the rest of Europe.
And who told you Man U is the most popular footballteam in the world ? Juventus has the most fanclubs worldwide, and it has been like that for a long time.
Australia has been dominant the last ten years Johnny. The recent table thing is an abberation, considering Australia comprehensively beat South Africa. I believe Davros has provided the explaination.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-30-2003, 04:02 PM   #70
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Callum Kerr:
We get the World series shown here in Malaysia occasionally... and never live... and never in "prime time"... always during working hours... There is a special channel own for the cricket...
on Astro? don't worry mate as Astro will always have replays of the same thing over and over and over again.