Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-14-2001, 05:47 AM   #11
Link
Jack Burton

Why can't we Summon Deva's in SoA?? That would have made it easier!!!

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 09-14-2001, 03:47 PM   #12
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

you can summon deva's in SoA, but it would be pretty amazing if you were high enough level at that point to do it. The first one in my old party to get high-level ToB abilities was Jaheira, and she got them just before I went to the elven city to confront Irenicus.

And dundee, as for difficulty, sometimes I make the mistake of leaving BG2 on 'core' difficulty rather than 'normal'. Core difficulty makes all your hit point rolls maximum, you learn spells automatically, and monsters do 3/4 damage. 'Normal' monsters do 100% damage. So sometimes when I have an easy fight with monsters, I check my difficulty and I have it set on 'core' by accident (cause when I'm learning spells, failure is just too annoying). I thought that might have been your situation with the Demon Knights.
Old 09-15-2001, 01:04 AM   #13
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I usually play Normal difficulty, played Core once with my first Sorcerer.

However, no matter what the difficulty is, the stragedy of focusing on one target at a time is always applicable. Just to prove my point, I will play that fight at Insane difficulty with my present party.

Jack, a Blade_Bard
Jan
Aerie
Minsc
Imoen, when I rescue her.

I am in Chap3 at the moment, I am at Bodhi's tomb now and soon will head off to Chap4. Watch out for screenshots soon. Although you will have to take my word for it when I say I will play at Insane, since I dunno how to capture that in a screenshot... ...

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 09-15-2001, 06:53 AM   #14
Skunk
Banned User

Difficult? Nah...
Just casted Chaos on them and then picked them off one by one. Hell, with them attacking each other as well, they even helped me to do it. You really ought to use this spell more often. If the tactic works so well for the flayers (ok, they use stun - but it more or less amounts to the same), then it will work well for you (except on the flayers of course)...