Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2003, 12:55 PM   #11
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Hot items from Orrick include, a belt that confers Blur, a wonderful Mage Robe, an amulet that confers physical damage resistance, a Thief belt, etc... ...

I never bought any weapon from Conlan, but I most certainly was a regular at Orricks. I sold truckloads of normal weapons to earn money. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Slow, heavy, requires a lot of movement, but profitable. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 07:09 AM   #12
Grungi
Banned User

erk orrick? who that then [img]tongue.gif[/img] i only go to the guy in the first house, and the smith, ah so there is someone i can sell my spells to then [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 07:16 AM   #13
Grungi
Banned User

well i found orrick by which time i was chapter 3, and its not based on chapter for his items to improve, its based on level... i think? because his items didnt change at all when i went chapter 4 5 and 6 but when i levelled he had a new set, though now hes got no new stock at all
Old 01-22-2003, 07:26 AM   #14
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Yeah, Orrick's changes according to level and/or chapter. These two often coincide, so the changes occur when you finish a chapter and go up a level.

Oh, I won't spoil it for you, but there is a very minor "invasion" later on. Don't worry, as you'll discover it almost instantly the moment you get back to Kuldahar, and by then you'll enjoy yourself sorting it out. Don't know why they bothered really. It's fairly startling the first time though I suppose.
Old 01-22-2003, 03:20 PM   #15
Keraptisdm
Elminster

Heh. Yeah, that little "surprise" in Kuldahar really caught me with my drawers down. Lumber into town, fatigued, not healed, expecting nothing and HELLO!
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 10:29 PM   #16
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Orrick's inventory is not based on your characters' levels, otherwise people playing on Easy/HoF Mode will be screwed. His inventory changes when a new Chapter begins. It only changes twice, if I recall correctly.

One when you start Dragon's Eye, one when you start the Severed Hand. Not sure whether Dorn's Deep triggers a third change, I doubt so.
Old 01-23-2003, 06:04 AM   #17
Grungi
Banned User

heh your not spoiling anything, im well past that bit of the game [img]tongue.gif[/img] clearing out the barrows atm in HOW, and half of dorns deep cleared out in the regular game
Old 01-23-2003, 08:30 AM   #18
Jim
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Orrick's inventory is not based on your characters' levels, otherwise people playing on Easy/HoF Mode will be screwed. His inventory changes when a new Chapter begins. It only changes twice, if I recall correctly.

One when you start Dragon's Eye, one when you start the Severed Hand. Not sure whether Dorn's Deep triggers a third change, I doubt so.
I can confirm this. If you use the console to boost your XP to max, and then talk to Orrick, his item range is identical, even if you leave and then re-enter the area.

Although I thought there were 3 instances of new equipment for some reason. Micah, any ideas?
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 08:57 AM   #19
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Jim,

I know that Orricks Inventory changes at least once, but not sure about a second time. It's been a while since I've played IWD.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 09:39 AM   #20
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I can confirm it changes at least twice, as I am a rabid consumer at Orrick's. I even buy the Scarab Amulet even though it is more or less useless to my party, because I know it will disappear if I do not buy it, and it looks pretty on my Cleric. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I think it does not change a third time due to the Orrick-Severed Hand connection.