Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 04-11-2007, 10:07 AM   #151
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

An average Ettin stands roughly 14' tall, that would put your head roughly at knee to thigh height...

[ 04-11-2007, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 04-11-2007, 11:18 AM   #152
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
An average Ettin stands roughly 14' tall, that would put your heard roughly at thigh height...
That's right. I was actually going to say about 13' but to a dwarf, what's the difference in 13' and 14' ?

As for weapons, he has weapons in his cave but did not expect to need them right now since you two surprised him. If he would have expected guests, he would have come more prepared. So during this fight he is only using his hands...which are pretty lethal if you think about it.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:25 AM   #153
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by TAOWolf:
hope that post was suffient...

I'll let the boys post before I answer.. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I can't remember the last time I enjoyed reading a post like that! The whole fly analogy really reeled me in and the left-behind rune with the mention of a future miracle of some kind made my mind swirl with ideas for a day to come. The secret struggle with Lady "Sombra" is such a personal thing that makes Tao's fate seem hopeless. YAY Tao! Thanks for giving me a great morning read.

[ 04-11-2007, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 04-11-2007, 12:54 PM   #154
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Lady Senora
Pssst, Larry! That should be Sombra! Senora is Salinye's character.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:07 PM   #155
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
Quote:
I really messed up with Pandaros' HP count. I used a number that had nothing to do with his HP...so he does not have 78hp. I rolled up his score just now to get a 51.
Oh crap... its never a good thing when the DM lowers your HP count just as a monster arrives...

Don't kill Pandaros! (I may have to make some t-shirts)
Kazilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:31 PM   #156
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kazilan:
quote:
I really messed up with Pandaros' HP count. I used a number that had nothing to do with his HP...so he does not have 78hp. I rolled up his score just now to get a 51.
Oh crap... its never a good thing when the DM lowers your HP count just as a monster arrives...

Don't kill Pandaros! (I may have to make some t-shirts)
[/QUOTE]Actually, you can blame Sever because I may have not caught the error if I had not been working on getting him some HP...a task that Cyril and I had overlooked before.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:07 PM   #157
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

This is the first time in RP history that I have DM'ed a game where the Prayer spell was in affect! I am having fun with it, giving that added bonus to the players while the ettin is receiving an extra dose of "bad luck". I hope you two guys are having fun.

I don't know if Game Masters are supposed to tell how many HP the monsters are at or not...or if I am supposed to tell you what percentage of damage you've done to him...I don't think I've ever done so in the past but I don't want you guys to wonder if this ettin has a billion HP. Actually, he started out with 74hp. The fact that there is only two of you guys and that he is a big sucker means that if you are going to win this battle...you'll not be doing so easily. However, you still have that sneaky Sever who has yet to post. Maybe he'll be what turns the tide of battle in your favor...or maybe not. We'll see. I can't wait to see what you guys will try next...or if you will run away. I am having fun and I hope you are.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:27 PM   #158
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

For Vincent (and Team TAVY): Whenever you are able to come back into full-playing mode, let me know. At the moment, I am keeping you and the rest of the party on the slow burner because there is nothing at this time for this high-level team to do until Cyril gets back and he and I talk about a plan. Our only goal was to get this team to the town and get restocked and rested...and Tao needed to heal and Ana needed to meditate. When Cyril returns, plans will be made as to what this team needs to do next. That should give you (Elif) time to get back into activity.

For Kuan and Gillian: Please don't give up! There is a definate plan for the both of you that has already been drawn up and we only need to get you two moving along in that direction. In fact, when Cyril returns I hope to get Skye in on the game and partnering with you two. A huge part of what I am setting up will involve this team. At the moment, I've handed your gaming to Morgie who incedently is going through the process of trying to be more accessible to the game than before, due to computer problems away from his work station. He'll be handing you two some posts to play off of soon, just because the two of you were coming to Lockesville mostly for him, but for your own reasons.

For Andrion: If I am not mistaken, you are waiting on Cyril to come back and operate the Shadow Giants who will be taking you to the Clan Home of the OHF.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:23 AM   #159
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Where did the axe fall? Is it within easy reach?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:19 AM   #160
Elif Godson
Dracolich

No worries Larry, I appreciate it. I'm good to go though, at least until my refi money comes in, then I'll be mia a bit remodeling the homestead, stripping the duct work, and getting rid of those nasty mold spores that keep getting my family sick!!