Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2003, 09:07 PM   #1
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

O_o . . . Well I watched the end of Farscape...

You know, the Jim Henson show filled with puppets and interesting costumes...

well... anyway... It was sad seeing the main character give his father a final goodbye, while also destroying the gateway from Earth into deep space, and essentially destroying the villains, OK he got that done... BUT there were never enough villains, and soon the 9 eyed assasin was back in his little ship, and it ended with the two main characters enjoying a romantic moment on a boat outside of the ship, they shared a final kiss and then were VAPORIZED into little crystalized peices of flesh before everyone's eyes, the Ship, itself, seemed unharmed, but... either way, the main characters were turned into a pile of freaking ashes, then it showed a wedding ring sticking out of the pile with the words "TO BE CONTINUED" and that was it...

The end! Do not pass go do not collect 200 dollars, the show will never have another episode...

and my only... real quesitons... is... "WHY!!!!!!!"

Why end such a great, 4 year long series with such a depressing ending!?

baaah!!! >_<

So did anybody else see it, what was your take on it?
Old 03-21-2003, 09:19 PM   #2
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Sorry bud, I never watch Farscape that much, I'm a bigger dude on watching Stargate-SG1. Sorry to hear that though, from the few episodes and parts I've seen it was pretty good.
Old 03-21-2003, 09:24 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

What? the hero died? I hate it when that happen.

cool! looks like i don't need to watch the rest of the series then. since I already know the ending.
Old 03-21-2003, 09:34 PM   #4
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

With all the corners Chriton had to dodge around and all the indestructable-ness he went through it just seemed to off for him to spend a silent moment of celebration, staying in once place at once, and then BOOM he was gone

... I mean, that wasn't deserved! Heroes who save earth and stuff don't deserve that kind of an ending! Dying in the ladie's arms as she died too! that's just WRONG! It was so ... Romeo and Juliet-ish... It makes me downright sick ... >_< I know why they did this, don't you? They wanted the fans to complain and demand a sequel to the "to be continued" hahaha nice try at getting a 5th season, it's not going to work though, face it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

So there >_<

GAAAAH! *rips hair out*

WHYYYYYYY...

They did some awesome puppet work on the dude with 9 eyes though [img]tongue.gif[/img] had his face open up and expose the rest of his eyes [img]tongue.gif[/img] heh... Creepy [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2003, 09:37 PM   #5
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Yeah I'm so pissed off it's not even funny!! I've watched every show for the past four years and to vaporize the stars and then say to be continued well I hope one of the B-52's over Irac vear off and bomb the writers house and save enough of the bombs to drop some on the producers too!!!!!!!!!
There goes another great show down the crapper.
Old 03-21-2003, 09:40 PM   #6
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

*Has a feeling this could get ugly and ducks away in his corner with a helmet on*
Old 03-21-2003, 10:35 PM   #7
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Question Mark

LOL, you can have one of the B-52s. I've got an F-117A with a 2000lb bunker buster heading for the house of the geek that wrote Viconia's BGII ending. Bwahahahaha!!! "There is an enormous explosion in Canada..."
Old 03-21-2003, 10:39 PM   #8
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

What about the dude that wrote Jaheira's ToB ending?

"Wha... what?"

She says what after you give up godhood? Bah! Should have been more to it! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2003, 11:17 PM   #9
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

I've only watched bits and pieces of Farscape and probably missed 2 of the seasons because the channel that its on seems to like putting the episodes on in any random order but I really love it and to hear they bodged it up like that... Just plain confuses me...
Old 03-21-2003, 11:30 PM   #10
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

GRRR this was worse than the ending to my Halcyon Hierarchy story where the main character and the villain stab and shoot eachother dead... MUCH MUCH worse... you don't even know what happens to pilot, dargo, and the now blind whats-her-face >_< GRAAAR!!!