Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-19-2002, 07:27 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

the original thread is here:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...10&t=001902&p=

the previous thread is here:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...;f=10;t=012492

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.
Old 11-19-2002, 07:33 AM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

It's a miracle, the cafe's totally spamless right now!
Old 11-19-2002, 07:36 AM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

6 minutes until 1st post? That really must be a new record
Old 11-19-2002, 07:38 AM   #4
Legolas
Jack Burton

Yes, it certainly is
Definately one of my more dangerous stunts [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2002, 07:42 AM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

Dangerous? How so? You had plenty of time to post. But I guess we, the jealous mob, could become hostile. Is that what you mean? [img]tongue.gif[/img] But think of Cloudy´s feelings. She adds a brand new Cafe and no one posts! I say be glad you posted. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 11-19-2002, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 11-19-2002, 07:50 AM   #6
Sir_Tainly

Hello All..I've come in to sit down and see why my shoe squeaks! [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

[ 11-19-2002, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: Sir_Tainly ]

Old 11-19-2002, 07:51 AM   #7
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ah, but there are countless things that could go wrong when you try to set a new record. A jealous mob would be the least of the dangers...
For example, only yesterday I nearly lost a finger trying to break the "most paper through the shredder" record, which I didn't succeed in breaking by the way. Ran out of paper after the first four sheets.
Anyway, very dangerous. But then that's what the public wants to see, eh?
Old 11-19-2002, 07:54 AM   #8
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
Ah, but there are countless things that could go wrong when you try to set a new record. A jealous mob would be the least of the dangers...
For example, only yesterday I nearly lost a finger trying to break the "most paper through the shredder" record, which I didn't succeed in breaking by the way. Ran out of paper after the first four sheets.
Anyway, very dangerous. But then that's what the public wants to see, eh?
LMAO! Alas, violence is growing more popular by the day. And I must say, I´m very sorry you didn´t manage to break that record. At least you set a new one today though. One that will earn you praise from generations to come! Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you our all time slowest first poster of Cloudy´s *drumroll* Legolas! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2002, 07:59 AM   #9
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
Hello All..I've come in to sit down and see why my shoe squeaks! [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Good morning Sir Tainly. Now why are you walkng with that gallant steed of your standing beside you? [img]tongue.gif[/img] And if your shoes are squeaking, it´s probably all the snow that´s causing it
Old 11-19-2002, 08:01 AM   #10
Legolas
Jack Burton

Why thank you, I'd like to thank my friends and families, my fans and basically everyone who made it possible for me to have that slowest first post by not posting. Next time I'll try for seven minutes!
*crowd gasps*

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
Squeeking shoes eh? Don't get me started, I'm out on a special mission today so I can't afford them dragging me back to the asylum just yet