Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-23-2001, 11:34 PM   #21
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:

This is why you should not believe in organized religion, not God.

Organized religion (not all, but some) have taken advantage of 'weak minds', but it should not be used as an excuse to rid the world of all organized religion. Perhaps we could do without some of the TV Evangalists and all the cults, but there is room in this world for the few organizations that actually do good.

This debate will rage throughout time as long as everybody that can fog a mirror has an opinion
You know.. I could get tired of being called weak minded.... Moridin.. you are exasperating! LOL

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 08-23-2001, 11:47 PM   #22
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

I think that being a Christian is quite the opposite of being weak minded!

It takes a strong personality to admit that we are sinners, that we are accountable for our actions, and that we have a creator to answer to.

It's much easier to follow our own impulses than to try to change and love unconditionally.

------------------
The more thou sweateth in training, the less though bleedeth in combat
Old 08-24-2001, 10:15 AM   #23
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
You know.. I could get tired of being called weak minded.... Moridin.. you are exasperating! LOL

Cloudy

I would like to make a comment here. Neither Istaron nor myself ever said that all christians are weak minded If you can prove that we did than do so!!! It is you guys that are jumping on us, not the other way around. We merely are stating that organized religion (mainstream or otherwise) does have a way of taking advantage of 'weak minded' people....we did not state that all people in organized religion are weak minded!

Do you think that Istaron or myself actually believe that all 'religious' persons are weak minded?

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Old 08-24-2001, 10:05 PM   #24
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

I wasn't jumping on anyone. Sorry if it seemed I was. Just stating my opinion. 'Kay?

------------------
The more thou sweateth in training, the less though bleedeth in combat
Old 08-24-2001, 11:02 PM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
I would like to make a comment here. Neither Istaron nor myself ever said that all christians are weak minded If you can prove that we did than do so!!! It is you guys that are jumping on us, not the other way around. We merely are stating that organized religion (mainstream or otherwise) does have a way of taking advantage of 'weak minded' people....we did not state that all people in organized religion are weak minded!

Do you think that Istaron or myself actually believe that all 'religious' persons are weak minded?

You know, Moridin, I see now, where you did say 'not all'. As I've seen this kind of comment so many times lately (not only from you, but many others and on several boards), I think I just 'blipped' over it.

So yes, I am sorry I assumed you think ALL Christians are idiots, when you don't. I guess I'm rather tired of having to defend my beliefs and ORGANIZED means of expressing them and I got into defensive mode.

Truce, Moridin? I know we have a history.. I'm kinda used to being grumbled at , but I do so hate tiffs with you!

CB

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."