Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2001, 05:21 PM   #1
Case00
Manshoon

I can't figure out who the 6th party member should be. Anyone have any ideas? So far I'm going for a Sam, Ninja,Lord, Prist and Mage.

I was considering adding a Lord for hittng power(plus he is the only sword wielder of the group... the Sam will use his Katana), but I'd love to tinker with a Gadjet man as well, or perhaps a psionic for extra mass damage. I'm gonna try and stay a way from switching classes to much due to the new rules.
This 6th slot is killing me..... Ahhhh
Case00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 05:22 PM   #2
Case00
Manshoon

Oops... I meant to say adding a Valk., not a Lord.
Old 11-09-2001, 09:06 PM   #3
Moni

Sounds cool!
Have you considered playing with the bard/gadeteer that may later possibly turn valkyrie?
I know I am very interested in seeing what types of gadgets come into creation in this game! My starting party will be much like yours, but you are right...thinking about it, that 6th position is going to be hard to fill!
I guess I'll start up a couple of games and see which type (of whatever I decide on) works best with the rest of the group.
Old 11-09-2001, 09:48 PM   #4
Case00
Manshoon

At least the choice is hard because there are so mant great options, as opposed to too few [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2001, 10:10 PM   #5
Moni

Too True!
Old 11-09-2001, 11:16 PM   #6
Greystone
The Magister

In Wizardry 7, I usually played this party:

1) Fighter --> Lord
2) Thief --> Ranger --> Bard
3) Priest --> Valkyrie
4) Mage --> Samurai
5) Alchemist --> Ninja
6) Psionicist --> Monk

This worked out VERY well and yielded an extremely powerful party, as I would retain the magic users until they got the majority of their high-level spells & lotsa mana, then convert them into their advanced fighter classes. For example, the Mage would convert to Samurai, then finish learning the mage spells & could also wear good armor & was a very good melee fighter as well (ditto the others).

I am not sure that this will work well in Wizardry 8, as they do not start over at level 1 in the new class...it will mean MUCH slower advancement in the new classes' skills/powers/etc.

Anyway, just my two bit's worth...

--Greystone
Greystone is offline   Reply With Quote