Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-05-2000, 08:39 PM   #1
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

I've noticed that while I'm in town, the two buttons for the other two towns are darkened. (The ones above the dragon's breath, map icons, etc.) Yet, when I first enter, to load a game, they are visible. Is this normal? I've just started the game, just getting ready to enter the crypt.

Thanks
Old 11-06-2000, 10:06 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

That's the way it shows in my game too. I was rather hoping that once my characters had visited the other towns that it would be possible to teleport between then as might be needed. Being able to do so would have been especially helpful on some of the quests where you have to travel half way past forever and back again.

Wyv
Old 11-06-2000, 02:58 PM   #3
Starinth

I think what you've noticed about the buttons is just a factor of the way the game has been designed. You always start the game in Valeia. If you have left your characters at the inn in one of the other towns, you can click on that town's button to go pick up your adventurers. But once you've got your team together (from an inn, from a revert, or from restoring a saved game), the buttons dim out since they no longer have a purpose in this game.

I wish it had been designed otherwise. I really don't like the fact that you can only save a game in the wilderness, and can only load a saved game in town. My slogan is:

Save Anywhere! Load Anywhere!

Game designers take note.

Starinth the Wizard