Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 10:48 AM   #1
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

So with just a few days to wait (21st) I've read both OotP and HBP to "refresh" my memory, it's been a while since I picked up a Harry Potter book and it was like reading them for the first time again.

Anyone else eagerly awaiting the final book of the series? I know I've got a lot of questions that need answering, and a lot of theories involving pretty much everyone.

Should be interesting to see how the book "works"

Spoilers if you haven't read book 6
~
~
~
~
~
~
According to Dumbledore, seven horcruxes, assuming one is Voldemort himself, one was the diary, and another is in the possession/destroyed by "R.A.B" (Regulus Black?), that's four more he needs to find and destroy, before even coming face to face with Voldemort. I fail to see how anything less than 5-600 pages would do the series justice.

[ 07-17-2007, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]
Old 07-16-2007, 12:58 PM   #2
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

dont forget Dumbledore destroyed one already as well ( his hand with the cracked ring). So Harry has to find the locket that was in the Black house ( remember the mysterious locket that no one could open while cleaning in book #5)and the snake is one as well ( book #6). I'm a little bummed I found that I put the wrong shipping on mine, can 't change it and won't get my copy until Monday....
Old 07-16-2007, 03:34 PM   #3
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

Ahhh, I see I'm not the only one who thinks RAB is Regulus Black. Seems logical but yet too easy. I think the book is supposed to be well over the 500 page mark. She has a bunch of loose ends to tie up.
I'm still hoping that Sirius comes back somehow...he just fell through a door for pete's sake! [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
I just hope the ending doesn't disappoint or leave room for more speculation. That annoys the heck out of me.
NewbietoRPGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:05 PM   #4
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Aye I agree.

I heard the 2 way mirror Sirius gave Harry in OotP will make a return... rumours though, so we'll have to wait (just four and a bit days!) to find out!
Old 07-17-2007, 11:16 AM   #5
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

Oh rub it in rub it in... mumbles.. wonders if its worth all the screaming from wife if I go at midnight to Walmart and get book even though its on order...
I would hope that she would have at least one easy loose end to tie up ( RAB and amulet) seeing that there are alot of them. Who knows maybe at 500 pages there will be an official addedendum of ~ 300 pages to be released at Christmas to tie up all the othere loose ends.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:01 PM   #6
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

OK, well now that would be just mean. Can you imagine having to wait another 5 months to find out the real REAL ending???
No way, my friend! I will be spending all of this coming weekend reading that book, hopefully finishing it by Monday so I can discuss it with you all and folks at work.
NewbietoRPGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:27 PM   #7
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Thanks for adding that to the title Z! Shouldn't matter until Saturday but I wouldn't have thought about it and spoiled away [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2007, 10:36 PM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>I plan on seeing if I can go to Walmart on Friday Midnight and get it then. I have to work Saturday from 5-10pm, so if I cannot get it at midnight, I'll find a good store that will not have many people waiting at it that morning.

I soooo cannot wait! I'll also not be visiting this thread or even this forum until the book is complete. I HAVE to be careful. </font>
Old 07-18-2007, 12:20 AM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...88,curpg-1.cms

<font color=skyblue>From London news, Publishers paying a lot to keep things secret for the public...GPS, tamper-proof packing...</font>
Old 07-18-2007, 07:33 AM   #10
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivelliis:
Thanks for adding that to the title Z! Shouldn't matter until Saturday but I wouldn't have thought about it and spoiled away [img]smile.gif[/img]
I just heard that text versions are out, and spoilers are on the net. So I just wanted to add that [img]smile.gif[/img]

Can't WAIT to get it! I'll wait till Sat though--I *wanted* the Deluxe Edition, but its sold out everywhere. Oh well...

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote