Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 06-14-2004, 07:50 AM   #1
caius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I want to get into the Planar sphere but I have a problem. Apparently I was supposed to use Valgyar's body to get into the sphere. However, I gave his body up to the guy in the government building. That guy then just teleported away with the body. (I killed Valgyar by the way). That leaves me with two questions. Is there anyway to get into the sphere at this point in the game? If not, does anyone have a link to a cheat code that will give me Valgyar? I can't find it. Ultimately I guess I could just use the area code to transport me to the sphere. But I would rather use that as a last resort.

Thanks in advance for your help.
caius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 07:53 AM   #2
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

you can take valygar there alive. I think that now you can't get into the sphere at all.
BTW, welcome to Ironworks. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-14-2004, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: Dragonshadow ]

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:37 AM   #3
TyranyuZ

Welcome to IW caius! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2004, 10:57 AM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Welcome to IW¨!
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 01:33 PM   #5
Vedran
Lord Soth

Download Shadowkeeper

Edit your save game: add Val's body to your inventory.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 03:19 PM   #6
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I'm inclined to take the purist route and say that you shouldn't be able to get into the sphere. You gave the body, you collected your reward, the quest is over... unless you have an earlier save.

Or, if you want to bend the rules, you can wait for someone to give you the CLUA code to get Valygar's body... I doubt you need Shadowkeeper. I'd give it to you, but the game isn't installed on this PC.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 11:07 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

One of the reasons that Baldur's Gate kicks butt is its replayability. Some games (say, for example, WarCraft) are extremely limited in this factor: Beat the Human campaign once, and there's no point in playing it ever again, all your games will be exactly the same. So then you beat the Orc campaign, and get the same result--now there's nothing left but the Custom Scenarios. But with BG, you could beat the game as a Chaotic Good Fighter specializing in Longswords and Maces, and get a completely different experience every time you play a different class, kit, alignment, favored weapon selection, party makeup, order of quests, etc. It's that replay factor that keeps BG2 a popular game even after--what--six years? There's always something that you haven't done yet, something for you to try next game. Take the Stronghold quests--have you been a Bard yet? what about a Druid?

There's always something that you haven't done yet, something for you to try next game. In this case, one of those somethings should be the Planar Sphere.