Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 11-08-2002, 09:13 AM   #101
Kaltia
Jack Burton

OUCH!
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 09:59 AM   #102
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, don't worry about Gal, CD. As Noemi says in another place, "Hurt one of her little chickens and she'll be after you with her hatchet."
Attalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 10:06 AM   #103
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

*cough* so your saying shes a mother hen? and a hachet implies that she kills her "little chickens" *grin* lol.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 01:44 PM   #104
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LOL, yes, Calaethis, there is something "mother-hennish" about Gal: she likes to keep her brood together, and defends them fiercely. Now, you'll see you were right to dislike Snurll.

A few days later, Sefa received an urgent message from Naba, claiming that she had fallen ill and urging her to come to her. Resisting the initial urge to go rushing off, she reported this to her mistress. Galadria was suspicious.
"I don't like the timing of this, Sefa," she said after examining the missive. "Snurll attempted to enchant you just last week, and now you are being asked to rush off to the slums? They are full of dangerous people at the best of times. I would just send a messenger back with money for a physician and medicines. I fail to see how you could help that much by your physical presence." Sefa did so, though with reluctance. She regarded Naba as the only link to her early life and a true friend, failing to realise the hardening effect of life in the streets even on a kindly nature.
She was therefore devastated to receive another letter, two days later, from a priest reporting that Naba had died. She was requested to come claim the body for burial, otherwise she would be placed in an anonymous grave in Potter's Field. Guiltily, she dropped the paper to the floor and rushed out without telling anyone, to the temple named, the very one that Snurll had first seen Naba begging outside. The sly priest leered a bit at her, but indicated that Naba's body was laid in a back room. She sadly opened the door, and saw a slight body on the table covered with a sheet. Reverently, she pulled the sheet down, only to see Naba's triumphant face, painted luridly with rouge. She smirked at the astonished girl. "What's the matter, Sefa?" she crowed. "Too good to come to me when I was sick, but now coming for the funeral? Well, meet the funeral director." Sefa whirled around to see Snurll and two beefy thugs.
"Hello, daughter," he crooned, "I guess that you are going to come and stay with me, after all."
Sefa tried to run but the two plug-uglies grabbed her and bound her arms. She turned to Naba, who was sitting on the edge of the table, laughing at her. "Naba, how could you do this?" she cried. "I was your friend. I helped you."
Naba laughed again and went over to Snurll, putting her arm around his shoulders. "Why, Sefa," she teased, "let's just say that I have become very fond of your Da, here. A girl has to look after her future."
Snurll looked at the girl, who was undulating suggestively against him with a twisted smile. "Well, in that case, my love," he smirked, "you erred, for you have no future." Like lightning, he drew a knife and sheathed it between her breasts. Naba had only time for a startled look, then toppled to the floor, dead. He withdrew the blade and grinned at Sefa. At her shocked look, he replied, "She served her purpose, so now I have no further use for her. Besides, she knew too much. Come on, men, and help me get her outside."
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 02:06 PM   #105
Kaltia
Jack Burton

I like it...but...Damn! Naba! 8sighs* PLEASE tell me Galadria will be getting this $£*^^(^
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 03:39 PM   #106
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LOL, sorry, Kaltia. Attalus says it is mean to leave you in suspense, so I'll post the next bit.

Sefa's absence was immediately noticed when Galadria sought her for some task or another. She ordered a search of the house, and was rummaging through the girl's forsaken room when Noemi came rushing in, white-faced. "Gal," she said worriedly, "look what Uriel found on the floor in the hall." It was the letter from the "priest," addressed to Sefa and naming the temple. Uriel herself looked in from the hallway, blue eyes round with concern and worry. She loved Sefa like a sister since they were the two youngest members of the household, though they clashed. The thought that she might be in danger made a dull lump form in her stomach.
Galadria quickly scanned the letter. "Trap," she pronounced succinctly. "Em, fetch the others, we are going to this temple and perhaps have to skin a priest or two." Her eyes darted to Uriel, who was pulling on her cloak. "No, El," she added gently, "you stay here with Lania and Rantis. This may be ... unpleasant."
Uriel's eyes filled with tears. "But I want to," she said pleadingly. "I want to find my Sefa."
"No," Galadria snapped, her mind already on the coming confrontation. Uriel sobbed and ran to her room, slamming the door. Galadria felt a twinge of guilt, but it was quickly overcome. Noemi came rushing in with Chorania and Attalus, who was already stapping n his sword, demanding to know the situation. She quickly filled him in, showing him the paper. His lip curled as he read it.
"This stinks to high heaven of Snurll," he said angrily. "Come, let us talk to these priests."
A few minutes later, they were confronting Molcombe, chief priest of Oghma in this temple. "All right, Master Priest," Galadria asked angrily, showing him the paper, "what are you up to, luring young girls to your beastly temple? Where is this body, and where is my apprentice?"
The priest looked at the furious woman with concern. He knew exactly who Galadria was: the most powerful mage in the city, being mentioned more and more as the next Duke. Almost the last person that his small temple needed as an enemy. He clapped his hands and the oily-looking priest who had met Sefa came in. "Ruboldic," Molcombe asked, sweat beading his naked scalp, "what's all of this? These fine people say that Lady Galadria's apprentice was lured here on a false pretext and now she is missing. Do you know aught of this?"
"Why, no, Chief Priest," he began smoothly, "I know naught..." He was stopped by Attalus' mighty hand grabbing his robe and lifting him up to his height.
"Liar," the knight stated. "I can see the lie in your eyes and stance. What happened, here? Speak and be swift, or I swear that you will not live to enjoy Snurll's money."
The priest was frightened out of his wits by the huge man's seeing through his fabrication so swiftly and violently, and mostly, by the quick mention of Snurll's name. He began quickly to babble all that he knew.
At the end of his tale, he added, "But there is a body in back, that Snurll's leman. He killed her, I do not know why, and gave me a gold piece to dispose of it. I had not time to do the job. Would you like to see her?"
When he had done, Attalus eyed him for a long time before tossing him onto a wall, where he hit with a crash. As the man shakily gathered himself up, Galadria responded. "Yes, show us this woman's body. It may tell us far more than you think."
They went back to the small room where Sefa had been taken prisoner. There on the floor, was Naba's crumpled body in a pool of congealing blood. There was also a sparkle on the floor, to the right. Noemi pounced n it and immediately recognized one of Sefa's earrings. Her eyes smarted. She showed it to her sister who was examining the girl's slight form.
"Yes, Em," she replied. "That is hers. Keep it for her, for we shall have her back. Chorania," she turned to her drow friend, "is she too far gone to resurrect?"
Chorania made a wolfish grin. "No, abbil," she replied, "her ghost still flutters around her corpse. What say you? Shall I reunite them?" At Galadria's nod, she spoke the words and made the mystic passes that recalled the spirit, and for good measure, threw in a healing spell. Naba stirred and sat up, looking blankly at her bloodstained hands and the faces that gathered around her.
"Wha... what...happened?" she finally managed through a dry throat. "Last thing I remember, he ... he stabbed me in the heart. Who are you? Where are Snurll and Sefa?"
"That, Naba," Galadria said sternly, "is exactly what we are going to ask you. Do not start and stare. I recognize you through all of that paint and blood. When I have opened a mind as I have yours, I do not forget. Besides, your name was on that false message that Sefa got. You know me, too, I'll wager. I am Galadria, and if you do not want to be sent to the Abyss for good or ill, you will tell me all that you know."
Naba's gaze locked fearfully on her interlocator. "Yes, Lady, I know you. An' ... I'm afraid that bastard Snurll has got Sefa. What he wants with her, I dunno, but its bad. Has to be, with him. He told me all sorts of things about how you were keeping her against her will, and how she wanted to join him, but somehow, I never quite believed."
"Yet, you went ahead and betrayed your friend, for gold and the hope of more," Galadria replied steelily. "I am afraid that Sefa and Lady Cythera were sadly mistaken in you, Naba. Your life has made you hard and selfish. Well, I am not going to leave you here all bloody and confused, though that would be just. Just, too, would be just killing you for your betrayal. But, I shall not do that. Something tells me that there is something that you must do that will in the end benefit Sefa, and ... one that you do not know. Come along, I have a nice room made for you at my house. It has bars on the window, and the bed is hard, but surely even you cannot say that you deserve any better of me, can you? At least, the food will be plentiful and regular."
Old 11-08-2002, 04:01 PM   #107
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

*sigh* foolish child *shakes his head, sighs again* obvious it was a trap, ah well [img]tongue.gif[/img] hehe, aww, you raised Naba? *sigh* I s'pose that it woulda been out of character to leave her dead... still... *grin* Cho should thrash her, soundly. *mutters darkly about disliking backstabbers* heh, great story, keep posting thanks
Old 11-08-2002, 04:39 PM   #108
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

She was going to leave her dead, CD, but she thought of something else for her to do, to (partially) redeem herself. But that's in Book III.
Attalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 04:55 PM   #109
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

*grin, cough* slave girl *cough* [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol, or a servent girl... [img]tongue.gif[/img] heheheh not what I'd usually consider but [img]tongue.gif[/img] I dont like backstabers [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol, yeah a slave girl oh for 30 odd years sounds about right to me. *grins* Do I sound harder then Gal? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2002, 09:46 AM   #110
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

No, Calaethis, you are not "harder than Gal." She is merely opposed to waste. Don't worry, she has plans for Naba.

Snurll had ordered Sefa bound and gagged, then wrapped her up in a carpet. This was flung roughly over a pack horse. He then hastily packed and mounted his own beast and led the horse bearing his prize from Baldur's Gate. The gate guards paid no attention to the struggling bundle, since Snurrl had bribed them well, along with a tale about stealing a slave for the King of Calimsha. Once they were well out of sight, Snurll dismounted and placed the rug on the ground. He then unrolled it and laughed at the sight of Sefa wriggling and glaring at him.
"Up, you go, daughter," he said in an amused tone as he helped her to her feet, then mounted her on the led horse. "You will now get to see my tower as my guest. Take a good look at the outside when you get there, for you will never see it again. I have a special room readied for you there. It will please me to watch you grow accustomed to it." He tied her wrists securely to the saddle-horn, tied her ankles under the animal's belly, and remounted his own steed, leading her away into captivity.
Once they arrived at the tower, he untied her wrists and ankes, then led her to a small room with an iron door. There were two openings in it, one barred, one narrow and flat for the passage of meals. The door surprisingly opened seemingly of its own accord as they arrived, and he flung her on the bed and removed her gag. She cursed him then, with the thoroughness of the street waif that once she was. He waited for her to finish, then struck her hard, across the mouth, cutting her lip with his ring.
"That'll be enough out of you, brat," he said with a crooked smile as she clutched her bruised mouth. "I shall now tell you why I have sought you and finally found you after all these years of neglect. You were right, I care naught at all for you but I need you, or, more accurately, half of you."
As Sefa looked at him uncomprehendingly, he laughed. "That's right, just half, the half that was your mother. She was Marissa, the only thing that I have ever loved, and she is dead. But, I have found an old being, demon or god I know not, nor care, and he has convinced me that if I sacrifice you to him on a night not three months hence, and cut your body in half, he can restore to me my own Marissa, never to lose her again. So, pity for you, but well for me. Now, enjoy your room. You shall only leave it one more time." He walked out the door which slammed, completing her cage.