Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2002, 12:49 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ok, I posted most of this in LadyBlue's thread on looks, but I think we can make this a thread of it's own!

How tall are you? Are you attracted to people your height? taller? shorter?

Ladies, how do you feel about men who are TALL.. or simply taller with relation to yourself? Gentleman, do you prefer your female companions shorter? Taller, same height?

Anyone care to speculate on their reasons?

- ok this is what I had at LB's thread --

Now I'm curious ladies, do add to the height topic! Aelia and I have mentioned 'tall' or at least taller than us, but heheh.. that's NOT a tough one considering she's at the 5 ft mark and I'm 4'11! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

How DO we IW ladies feel on the height issue? Is TALL sexier? Are you more likely to be attracted to a guy your own height? Taller? Are you considered average, tall or short?

My sweetie is 6'3" so I have to say I went for someone much taller than I am! LOL But that's usually the case. I wonder if that's some sort of 'primal' thing, you know? Woman wanting a big strong male protector? Anyone got a theory? Comments? Ideas? I've had a similar discussion on another board that started when a young lady wanted to know everyone's height and evolved into a discussion of relative heights of couples.

Cloudy
Old 04-15-2002, 01:24 AM   #2
Moni

I am 5'4"
KHaN is 6'+
My ex-boyfriend was 6'+
My ex-husband was 6'+
The talls get my vote, obviously lol although my son't late father (my first husband) was only 5'2" and he was handsome, hardworking, funny, smart, and all the good things a woman could want in a man)
Prior to marrying him, I did date average to tall men...always taller than me...most guys prefer their women to be shorter than they are...call it male ego if you want but you really don't see too many couples where the female is taller and the man is still in charge LOL.

My Reasons?
Legs...long legs.
I like being able to snuggle into a man's chest when we hug standing up too.
Oh, and having his arm around me in public when we are walking together is another big plus...being under his arm, next to his whole body...mreow! Him having that "bird's eye view" gives him a chance to scope the scenery too LOL...not that I want a man to ogle other women but they all should be allowed to look at other people and hey...his arm is around you and that is a pretty secure place to be right?.
(don't think for a sec some of us shorter women don't take advantage of the scenery from our own point of view either...its a great thing to be able to make eye contact with strangers in public and not have our significant others rip our heads off for it because they lack confidence in themselves)
Did I mention long legs? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-15-2002, 01:51 AM   #3
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Ok, I posted most of this in LadyBlue's thread on looks, but I think we can make this a thread of it's own!

How tall are you? Are you attracted to people your height? taller? shorter?

Ladies, how do you feel about men who are TALL.. or simply taller with relation to yourself? Gentleman, do you prefer your female companions shorter? Taller, same height?

How DO we IW ladies feel on the height issue? Is TALL sexier? Are you more likely to be attracted to a guy your own height? Taller? Are you considered average, tall or short?
since ur going off my thread, ill b happy to answer
Im 5'9.5, and unfortunatley im taller then most of my guy friends, save 4. Im mostly attracted to people my own heigth or taller, but nottoo tall. I really dont feel comfortable around guys that are really short, if its like a date or something, one inch shorter is OK though. Taller is not not nessesarily sexier, because Shawn is shorter then me and he is drop-dead gorgeous, plus hes got a good attitude too . But i am considered tall for my age...i would give anything to shrink just an inch so that my pants would fit, lol. properly [img]tongue.gif[/img] . So what i prefer is a guy taller, as tall, or barely shorter then me, but im attracted to short guys....*thinks of Shawn and melts into a puddle*
Old 04-15-2002, 01:57 AM   #4
Krishach
Drow Warrior

Well, I'm not a lady, but I'd just like to say I'm 6'5".
Old 04-15-2002, 02:02 AM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Krishach:
Well, I'm not a lady, but I'd just like to say I'm 6'5".
LOL! Hello there! HEY GUYS, you can answer that question too! What do you prefer for heights of companions?
Old 04-15-2002, 02:08 AM   #6
Krishach
Drow Warrior

Oh, and for me, it's pretty much shorter women, I mean, it's kind of hard to find one that's as tall or taller when you're 6'5", but I wouldn't want a girl taller than me, it'd be weird. About 6"+ shorter is ideal.
Old 04-15-2002, 02:12 AM   #7
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Just touching 6' and I prefer a smaller woman, maybe 5 to 5.5
Old 04-15-2002, 05:12 AM   #8
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'm 5'7" and prefer shorter women. My wife is only 4'10" and fits quite nicely in my arms.
Old 04-15-2002, 05:16 AM   #9
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Lessee... Im not quite sure how tall I am... at last check though, I was about 20cm... I wasnt even 1 then. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

As for height I like... well, about the height of the Internet.
Old 04-15-2002, 05:20 AM   #10
norompanlasolas

well, im 5'5" i think (around 1,65cm) and i dont think i have any particular preferences. ive been with shorter and taller woman than me. my last girlfriend was around 5'6/7" though. made it kindof difficult for her to wear heels when we went out.