Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2001, 09:39 PM   #41
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

yea Moni Johnny Bravo was Greg Brady LOL he was a master! Lets all sing along.....Heres the story, of a man named Brady.....
Old 07-20-2001, 10:43 PM   #42
Moni

Who was busy with three boys of his own...

? lol not sure if I am remembering it right, I haven't seen it in so long.
Scary how some things are burned into our memories, isn't it?

Moni

------------------

Old 07-20-2001, 10:53 PM   #43
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

damn I think I started it out wrong-Heres the story, of a lovely lady, who was bringing three very lovely girls, all them had hair of blonde, like their mother, the youngest one in curls.....yes kill me now for remembering thatDie LofA Die!
Old 07-20-2001, 11:10 PM   #44
Moni

yeah, but what's the rest?
I can't remember LOL!

Oh crap! It came to me after I posted!
"They were four men, living all together but they were all alone"

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 07-20-2001).]

Old 07-20-2001, 11:14 PM   #45
Moni

Til the one day when the lady met this fellow
It was true that this was much more than a hunch
That this group must somehow form a family
That's the way we all became the Brady Bunch!
The Brady Bunch
The Brady Bunch
That's the way we became the Brady Bunch!

Oh Man, I think I need to go off and cry in a closet or something now LOL!
Thanks A Lot LoA!!!

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 07-20-2001).]

Old 07-20-2001, 11:58 PM   #46
trux

Chuck Berry and Jimi Hendrix...there would be nothing else without them and they'll always be the kings of guitar.

------------------
--
trux
Old 07-21-2001, 01:42 PM   #47
Quai
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hmm, there are many good guitarist out there. Some are dead though. I think its sooo hard to judge someone best. I can only say the best guitar album I ever heard was "Friday night in San Francisco" with John Mclaughlin, Al di Meola and Paco de Lucia.

If you can get a grip of this album its superb. My favourite tune is "Tales from the black forest"
Old 07-21-2001, 04:20 PM   #48
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by trux:
Chuck Berry and Jimi Hendrix...there would be nothing else without them and they'll always be the kings of guitar.
While I certainly don't begrudge your opinion or disagree at the worth of the two players, there is a historical inaccuracy in your premise. Jazz, Blues, Country and Classical Guitarists existed and developed before and outside the influence of these two virtuosos you mentioned. So it would be truer to say there would be "a lot" without them, and that they will always be regarded as Guitar Kings, rather than THE Kings of Guitar.

But don't take my word for it. For starters, go Check out Richard Chapmans book "Guitar: History - Music - Players" for some insights into the development of a truly wonderful instrument and some of it's craftsmen.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 07-21-2001, 05:38 PM   #49
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I have Jimi Hendrix "Live at Winterland" cd, an incredible performance. He was awesome. He does the song White Room (Cream) as an instrumental that really kicks ass, along with extended live songs of his own

[This message has been edited by Lord of Alcohol (edited 07-21-2001).]
Old 07-22-2001, 11:14 AM   #50
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Was listening to the radio on my way in this morning and they were talking to the lead guitarist/lyrisist(sp) for Journey. Neil something-or-the-other...and he was saying at the ripe old age of 15 we was asked by both Santana and Eric Clapton to join their bands can you imagine. I guess I don't follow music closily enough as I have never heard of this guy, but I do know Clapton and Santana...so this guy must be good!

Neil Schon was his name. He did actually join Santana at 15. Hes a great blues player as well as metal. He did an album in the 80's with Sammy Hagar (who joined Montrose at the age of 15) and two other guys.... killer album. Its been years since Ive heard it so I cant recall who the other 2 guys were. I do remember that they were all extremely popular at the time.

Thanks Melusine Ill check it out real soon

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!