Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2001, 11:28 PM   #61
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by Mitro Jellywadder:

Btw,
Who dug this post out of the grave?

Vassili did. How odd. I think it's bizzare (in a good way) how a thread can just reappear and continue like that. I'd been reading it as if it had flowed non stop, yet it has a gap of weeks...
Old 12-07-2001, 11:38 PM   #62
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

A thought though, the songs we're talking about - even if they were fully edited would often be of dubious subject matter for a 'young un' wouldn't they?
I've written a song which includes 1 swear word in 'context' i.e. using the vernacular of the (general) type of person the song is about.
the song itself is actually a dig at a certain type of lifestyle (discression here just in case).
meaning: a positive song with a swear word can be less detrimental than a negative song with no swear words.
i think if you want to protect children, the message, context and subtext all need to be taken into account as well.

eg: if blink 182 sang "i, wanna 'make love' to a dog in the 'bottom'"
it is only slightly less offensive than the real lyrics...
Old 12-07-2001, 11:49 PM   #63
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
eg: if blink 182 sang "i, wanna 'make love' to a dog in the 'bottom'"
it is only slightly less offensive than the real lyrics...

Wow..I haven't heard that one, or I missed those lyrics. Hope he did too. I agree with you there about the lyrics. At least now that I have a burner, I can make him a cd to listen to and screen everything that goes on it.
Old 12-08-2001, 12:58 AM   #64
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by Mitro Jellywadder:

Wow..I haven't heard that one, or I missed those lyrics. Hope he did too. I agree with you there about the lyrics. At least now that I have a burner, I can make him a cd to listen to and screen everything that goes on it.

good idea! i think it's fantastic the interest and concern you're showing him and his interests. instead of blanket banning whatever you disagree with (therefore encouraging disent) you are teaching and nurturing him while being protective.
it must be so hard though, finding appropriate music that isn't 'kids' music. there is so much useless and or negative drivel out there, all too often wrapped in good music...
Old 12-08-2001, 01:30 AM   #65
Vassili_Zaitsev
Dungeon Master

i like punk, rap ,rock, some metal. Fav bands greenday, sum 41, blink 182, guttermouth, new found glory, disturbed, metallica, limpbizkit, linkin park, static x, insane clown posse, twizted, goldfinger, alien ant farm, papa roach, fenix tx, offspring. Fav rappers, eminem, 2 pac, snoop dogg, dr dre, dmx, all i can think of right now. Oh yeh few other bands. korn, slipknot, mudvayne, lit, system of a down, godsmack, cypress hill, blood hound gang, bestie boys, rage against the machine. That is all i can think of.

-Vassili
D-Loc to Johnny Richter\'s like ping to pong,<br />Ain\'t nothing wrong don\'t fix shit if it ain\'t broke,<br />We ain\'t no jokes, <br />you know the kings by the size of our tokes, <br />motherfuckers!<br /><br />Blaze All Day, Every Day,<br />Each Way, The Right Way,<br />My Way, Greenhay, We High,<br />Been There, Done That,<br />Big Blunts, Fat Sacks,<br />Hit It Fast, Make It Last,<br />First Class, We Blaze...<br /><br />Well yup I\'m still drunk with the humps in the trunk,<br />You hear the Kottonmouth Kings yellin\' out BUMP! BUMP!<br />I flew through a yellow then I ran a red,<br />Grabbed a bev saw a cop then hit the clutch and breath,<br />Knew I had to slow down so I smoked a bowl,<br />Picked up D-Loc and told him start to roll,<br />Freeway was packed so I paid the toll,<br />Four joints later my bus was fishbowled,