Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 10-30-2009, 07:09 AM   #1
dplax
Jack Burton

Default Origin stories

So, which one are you going to start with? City elf looked quite interesting from what I've read so far.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Default Re: Origin stories

I will definitely be taking either the Mage origin, or the Daelish Elf origin path. Rangers and Mages- my two favourite things.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I'm doing a female City Elf on my first playthrough, then a male Human Noble on my second. After that probably a mage and then either a Dwarf or Daelish Elf.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #4
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Is this a PC game or a console game?

I fear that my computer is not up to snuff enough.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...67B&FORM=VIVR#

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:55 AM   #5
The Kiwi
The Magister

Overall, the current estimation is that it's "more" for PC than for console compared to the recent trends, but there are versions for two console systems.

The Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:38 PM   #6
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Ď am currently running my Elven mage through the story - not gotten that far yet though. I have the items from the collectors edition waiting for me though so I basically leveled my fire magic all the way asap - as the staff gives 15% to fire dmg. Gonna deck out Alistair in the blood dragon armor ( he will be insane then )

On a side note I have seen some vendors sell some pretty neat stuff but all is 100+ gold - how do you accumulate that much gold in this game???
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #7
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post

On a side note I have seen some vendors sell some pretty neat stuff but all is 100+ gold - how do you accumulate that much gold in this game???

Tell me when you find out. Every time I get a decent stash I have to spend it lol. Also how the hell can anyone afford arrows? 17s per fire arrow? I'm depending on drops for my arrows.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

The Blood Dragon armor isn't the best in the game btw. :p
Old 11-10-2009, 10:01 AM   #9
MagiK
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Alcohol View Post
Tell me when you find out. Every time I get a decent stash I have to spend it lol. Also how the hell can anyone afford arrows? 17s per fire arrow? I'm depending on drops for my arrows.
The cost of good arrows is why I pretty much have skipped bow and crossbow use, the only thing I use the bof for is to seperate the bad guys and minimize agro by sneaking up to just within bow shot and plinking at the guy closest then running back to the rest of the party. Works well until you get to the cutscene fights...in which case bows are useless anyway.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:02 PM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: Origin stories

Never buy ammunition. Just remember that by default, bows and crossbows have unlimited "normal" ammunition. Just leave the ammo-slot empty. Reserve the special stuff for boss fights. A lot of fights are pushovers if you spam missiles, due to the quirky AI. Brazen melee is far, far, FAAAAR more painful (fun though).

Cheers.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote