Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-29-2001, 04:07 PM   #281
Neb
Account deleted by Request

(OOC: I haven't found you! Neb, Tiax and Razzen have only just gotten over the walls! And I assume that the Drow city is big enough to leave us searching for a few days without finding you.)
Old 08-29-2001, 04:27 PM   #282
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

OOC: Happy Birthday Skydracgrrl, and LS, don't you know it's rude to ask a womans age ?
Old 08-29-2001, 05:54 PM   #283
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Ace Flashheart:
OOC: Happy Birthday Skydracgrrl, and LS, don't you know it's rude to ask a womans age ?
I know hoey - that's why asked "if it's no a rude question" - no biggy if you don't say

Sorry, Nano - Fortuna was following Skye and she posted dropping in on him - not knowing your plans it isn't easy to second guess them

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 08-29-2001, 06:22 PM   #284
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
Sorry, Nano - Fortuna was following Skye and she posted dropping in on him - not knowing your plans it isn't easy to second guess them
Well, I'm sorry to say, but this is a 3rd edition Psychic Warrior. Meaning, if he finds Fortuna and Encard in the cell with Skye and Rhazor, he will kill them. Is Fortuna an Elf because the Drow won't kill any Elves that are encaged. He just sees them as extra 'toys'. And sorry, Encard, but unless you zap yourself somewhere else, you will most likely be killed. Trying to use a wand on a Psionic being is like trying to kill an elephant with a stick. The moment you whip out a wand, he'll use his powers to send it hurtling out of your hands. And with a Coupe de Grace ability, you don't want to be fighting melee..
IC:
Old 08-29-2001, 09:39 PM   #285
Encard
Quintesson

OOC: What exactly is the Coup de Grace ability? And after all, there ARE spells that give immunity to psionics... aren't there? Or is Chaotics Commands/etc just for Psionic Domination? And what other abilities/etc does this hting have?

------------------
Bow down to the Weasels of Apocalypse! RaBid Fruit Trees! RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! Miniature Exploding Demonic Demons of Doom, Death and Desruction!
:1drgat1:
Old 08-29-2001, 10:19 PM   #286
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: Coupe de Grace is like a finishing move, every character gets it to finish off an opponent, yet the Drow has it as an enchantment on his sword, meaning he can use it even if you have full HP, he just needs to hit you.. You can't use a spell to protect a wand from psionic powers..
Old 08-29-2001, 10:49 PM   #287
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

OOC- Heehee, thanx for the concern Ace. I'd tell you LS, but you know how girls are... either they're too old, or they're too young, heheh... ^_^;; either way, they won't tell you their exact age. I'll just give a range- between 14 and 27. ^_^;; I would most likely be in the too young category. ^_^* Oh well... Back to the adventure. Since it sounds soooo much easier, why don't we pretend that the "nemesis" of Rhazor took the tracking spell off Skye, so that way Rhazor's plans aren't ruined, and everyone else lives a bit longer. Sound like a deal? hehe.... ^_^;;
IC- Skye takes out her medical satchel to sorta help tend to Rhazor (she doesn't have the best medical supplies and such with her, so she'll do the best she can). Rhazor squirms a bit when he realizes her intention. He had heard too much about her, well, clumsy habits, to put it quite frankly. "Stop moving!" Skye ordered, as she tried to put some salve on some of his cuts. "I may be clumsy, but I am good at some things. I can cook, make people laugh, steal without getting caught, fight, and other useful stuff. But I can also heal. I am an elf, you know. So don't move, or you'll make your rib worse!" As she argued, Skye was looking through her salvaged items. "Ahah, this should help," Skye turned to Rhazor, who had finally given into his fate of being killed at Skye's, er, helpful hands. ^_^;; "Will you stop looking like I'm going to kill you?! Now come over here, I have some bandages that might help hold that broken rib more in place. You're going to have to help me though, since this is going to be a bit tricky..." Skye continues with her quick fix-it job on Rhazor, who was still unsure about Skye's good intentions.

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
My Website!
Old 08-30-2001, 07:38 AM   #288
Tancred
White Dragon

Far, far away, a Cavalier is excitedly talking to a wounded wizard, oblivious to the horrors happening in the Underdark.

"I did it, Karnas! I slew a Dragon, unaided!"
Karnas murmurs.
"I can put you back into the sword, if the Genie's original wish holds!"
"aaaaahaaah... take that, Szass... die, Simbul, die... zulkir of all, that's me..."
Shaking his head at the delerium the mage seems to be under, Tancred gingerly takes one of the wizard's hands, fitting it around th blade of the golden sword. Removing one of his gauntlets, he does the same, his fingers protesting against the sharp blade.
"Here we go. This SHOULD work..."
Tancred closes his eyes, and mumbles a prayer to Helm. As he does so, a small thread of his blood, dripping from the cut hand, dribbles down the golden blade... coming into contact with Karnas' own hand.
There is a golden light that blinds everyone in the bar for a few seconds...

Slowly, Karnas feels the pain and the delerium slip away. Excitement comes - he's alive! Back in the sword, maybe, but he's here, no more pain, no more damn hurting, back in his own, personal immortal exsistence!
Getting back onto his feet and touching his face with his hands, Karnas shouts exhultation at the cieling.
"YES! Oh, YESSSS! Thankyou, holy-boy, thank you! Back to kick ass once more, it's Tancred and Karnas the sword, oohhhhh ye..."
Karnas slowly tails off into silence. He opens his eyes, a thought occuring to his head.
Hold on, he thinks.
I have EYES. I have HANDS. I'm standing up.
What the hell?
Karnas looks at the table where he once lay. His body is not there, seemingly evaporated by the holy power of the sword. But the sword IS there...
Karnas looks down at himself.
Why am I wearing plate armour? I can't cast spells in this!
How the hell am I suddenly able to LIFT plate armour?
"Um, did it work?" Tancred's voice issues from the sword.
The Cavalier in the sword and the Mage in the Cavalier's body regard each other for a few seconds.
"Oh sod," they both echo.
Old 08-30-2001, 07:59 AM   #289
Lord Shield

Skyes, in that range you're younger than me - I'm 32 in October though I look 20

If the villain is so God-awful powerful it can only be beaten by one of Nano's plot devices I'm withdrawing my last Fortuna comments - I really can't be bothered. Think Fortuna will stay in the pub and have some wine - just wake me when the story' done

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 08-30-2001, 10:56 AM   #290
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
Skyes, in that range you're younger than me - I'm 32 in October though I look 20

Ah, some people have all the luck. I'm 21, and I look 40.