Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 09-01-2001, 02:03 AM   #1
Lestat
Manshoon

I want some custom spells, robes, rings, swords, qauntlets, amulets, arrows, wuivers, bows, crossboes, maces, flails, clubs etc. Anbody know how?

If so, can you please make some crap for me?

[This message has been edited by Lestat (edited 09-01-2001).]
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 02:20 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

If you ask nicely I'm sure someone like Aurican, Vaskez or Hesperex will make something for you. But better yet, why not learn how to make them yourself? It takes a bit of practice but is really easy once you get the hang of it and a lot of fun. It can definitely extend your game life. Before you know it you can start to create your own creatures, add shops, NPCs, etc (down the track of course).

All you need is Infinity Engine Editor Pro, available from www.teambg.com in the Downloads for Developers section.

Here's an example of a basic one that I put together. It took about 10 mins to do this (it's not hard!!)

Thundercracker +5 (THUNDR01)
This legendary weapon was the personal weapon of Sejanus the Deathslayer, Chosen of Talos. It was said that the Storm Lord himself enchanted this massive throwing hammer. It can be used in melee but is at its most destructive when thrown, when it has the potential to strike dead anyone it hits.

STATISTICS:

Combat Abilities: Returns to thrower
Additional attack per round
10% of instant death each hit (no save)
THAC0: +5 bonus
Damage: 2D4 + 5, +10 electrical damage when thrown
Damage type: crushing
Weight: 4
Speed Factor: 0
Proficiency Type: War Hammer
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 9 Strength
Not Usable By:
Druid
Mage
Thief

Ultrin Egglin +5 (ULTRIN01)
This icy blue blade is a powerful drow artifact dating back to the Crown Wars. The name “Ultrin Egglin” means supreme warrior in the drow tongue, and supreme indeed is the warrior who wields this awesome blade.

STATISTICS

Combat Abilities: Each hit has a 50% chance of draining 2 levels from an opponent.
Each hit heals wielder of 2 hp damage
Immunity to Level Drain
Immunity to Fear and Confusion
5 pts of magical damage to any who hit the wielder

THAC0: +5 bonus
Damage: 2D4 +5 (+1 fire damage)
Damage type: slashing
Weight: 10
Speed Factor: 1
Proficiency Type: Bastard sword
Requires: 13 Strength
Not Usable By:
Druid
Cleric
Mage
Thief
Good characters

Good luck.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 09-03-2001).]
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 02:25 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Here's one that's not so overpowered. More suitable to SoA than ToB. Funny, I posted this at Black Isle early this year, then when ToB comes out we have Ravager, which is very similar. Hmmm....

This is a original AD&D weapon BTW...I picked it up from the Myth Drannor online supplement and decided to create it.

Heartcleaver, Vorpal Axe +3 (HCLEAVR3)
This monstrous executioner's axe is balanced and sized for large humanoids; humans and other medium sized creatures must wield it two-handed as a halberd. The blade constantly drips with a poisonous green ichor. It is not a weapon of the Prime Material Plane, but was forged on Gehenna.

Heartcleaver was the weapon of the monstrous nycaloth Gaulguth, the most brutal of the three nycaloths that were at the head of the Army of Darkness that sacked Myth Drannor in the Year of Doom. After the fall of Gaulguth in the Year of the Lost Trench, the axe was reportedly lost among the baatezu-infested ruins of the former City of Song.

STATISTICS:

Combat Abilities:
25% chance of instantly killing an opponent (save vs. death)
+2 points of poison damage per round for 12 rounds (save vs. spells)
Damage: 1D10+3
Damage type: piercing
Weight: 15
Speed Factor: 9
Proficiency Type: Halberd
Type: 2-handed
Requires: 13 Strength
Not Usable By:
Druid
Cleric
Mage
Thief
Monk
Beast Master

------------------
Old 09-01-2001, 07:46 AM   #4
Kitka
Dungeon Master

Lestat. Memnoch should be listened to here, though i understand your recitience to have a go. believe me it is much easier than you may think, with the IEEP utility. i reccommend you get the bifftool first, to extract the *items* folder, then edit some existing weapons to get a grasp of it. many, like me, still dont know how to create our own bam. images to make truly custom armour and items, but this does not take away the joy of creating an item that performs as(however)you may like. if you still dont feel keen to make your own, you wil;l likely still need that utility to transfer the items from tbg. format into the game. here is a link you may want to check out, specifically, the items for download.

http://www.waterdeep.homeip.net/potenciusnet/
theres heaps here, surely you will find something you like. and being modest, i guess, some gear is available to D/Load at my site too.. right here
Kitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 12:16 PM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kitka:
Lestat. Memnoch should be listened to here, though i understand your recitience to have a go. believe me it is much easier than you may think, with the IEEP utility. i reccommend you get the bifftool first, to extract the *items* folder, then edit some existing weapons to get a grasp of it. many, like me, still dont know how to create our own bam. images to make truly custom armour and items, but this does not take away the joy of creating an item that performs as(however)you may like. if you still dont feel keen to make your own, you wil;l likely still need that utility to transfer the items from tbg. format into the game. here is a link you may want to check out, specifically, the items for download.

http://www.waterdeep.homeip.net/potenciusnet/
theres heaps here, surely you will find something you like. and being modest, i guess, some gear is available to D/Load at my site too.. right here
Thanks for the support Kitka. You can also use Shadowkeeper to export .itm files to your override folder and use IEEP to edit them or look at how the effects were derived. I find this easier since you can quickly search for items whose effects you want to replicate and then export them all to your override.

------------------
Old 09-02-2001, 01:58 AM   #6
Lestat
Manshoon

Sigh, I got banned form teambg

Can anybody make a sword for me?

Eye in the Sky +5

STATISTICS

On each succecful hit, there is 50% chance that 3 missiles (lvl 10 mage spell 'comet') strike down around the taget.

Cast 'Knock' 5 times a day

Permanent True Sight

Damage: 1d10+3, hits as a +5
THAC0: +5 Bonus
Weight: 3
Profficiency Type: Katana
Requires: 16 Strength, 16 Dexterity
Usable by: Fighters

Old 09-02-2001, 03:04 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lestat:
Sigh, I got banned form teambg

Umm...this isn't exactly news you should be broadcasting around. What did you do? Asked a question without checking around the site first?

------------------
Old 09-02-2001, 03:23 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

A humble alternative to your wants.

Eye in the Sky +5

With each hit, 50% chance Vampiric Touch is casted on target, target also bleeds -2Hp per sec for 5 rounds.

When equipped, each time user is hit, 25% chance Chain Lightning is casted in retaliation.

When equipped, user can cast True Sight, Improved Haste and Knock 5 times a day each.

Grants immunity to Level Drain.

Damage: 1D10 +5
THACO bonus: +5
--------

Heh, is this too overpowered?

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 02:41 AM   #9
Lestat
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
A humble alternative to your wants.

Eye in the Sky +5

With each hit, 50% chance Vampiric Touch is casted on target, target also bleeds -2Hp per sec for 5 rounds.

When equipped, each time user is hit, 25% chance Chain Lightning is casted in retaliation.

When equipped, user can cast True Sight, Improved Haste and Knock 5 times a day each.

Grants immunity to Level Drain.

Damage: 1D10 +5
THACO bonus: +5
--------

Heh, is this too overpowered?

Nah, thats fine! Escept, I still want the Comet affect thing. Or make a weaker version of the comet affect thing. Or, alternativly...

Gorion's Ward +5

Statistics

On each succesful hit, 15% chance will be vorpal hit (instant kill)

Damage: 1d10+5
THAC0: +5 Bonus
Damage Type: Slashing (or whatever Katana's are)
Weight: 9
Weapon Type: Katana
Type: One Handed
Usable By: CHARNAME

[This message has been edited by Lestat (edited 09-03-2001).]
Old 09-03-2001, 02:43 AM   #10
Lestat
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Umm...this isn't exactly news you should be broadcasting around. What did you do? Asked a question without checking around the site first?

No, I made a bad guess on the Slignment Download Evaluation whatever. Kinda a bad way to get IP banned.