Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-22-2001, 11:20 AM   #1
RAISTLIN

Major spoiler warning
Okay I am fighting jonny boy and i think i have killed him. Next thing i know i am in hell. That is not so bad as i have been to hell before in my life but htis is different.

I see three NPC's who died valiantly fighting with me and i am overjoyed to see them resurrected! So i am merrily strolling about hell when i find some beholders. Don't you know i forgot to check to see if they were resurrected with equipment...of course not. Since you can't don armor in battle they now had AC's of like 6. There was just no saving them once the battle started. Now i have to go kick that jerks butt again.

AAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks I feel better now that I have vented

Old 02-22-2001, 11:43 AM   #2
Lillie
Dungeon Master

Feeling your pain - I just went up against Jon last night.

Killed him the first time - after he killed my mage, druid and thief in short order. The movie that runs immediately afterwards crashed the game (you can't save until after you're in Hell, of course)! SO...I had to reload it up and fight him AGAIN

Fight #2: Jon toasts just my mage and druid this time before I beat him down. Off I go to Hell, the movie doesn't crash the game this time. Mage resurrects with equipment, but my druid (who had the resurrection wand and Staff of the Woodlands) resurrects bare-butt nekkid! AC of 8, woo hoo!

I'm not going to reload again - I equipped my druid with items carried on other characters, and with Iron/Bark Skins, he'll be OK (I hope). Just don't want to take the chance of another game crash (or worse equipment loss) by fighting Jon again.

ARRRRRRGHHHHH!!!
Old 02-22-2001, 02:30 PM   #3
RAISTLIN

Lillie - I reloaded using the auto save fromthe start of hell. When i looked around the second time i noticed that all of the equipment was teleported as well, just not equipped. I still have all of my items and just kicked his butt.

Old 02-22-2001, 02:35 PM   #4
Patriarch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1, All your equipment goes with you (it's just in one big pile on the floor). This happenned to me every time so you dont lose anything.
2. If you have the cloak of mirroring (you really should) just equipe it to someone and let the mstand in front of the Beholders until they kill themselves.
Old 02-22-2001, 02:35 PM   #5
Patriarch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1, All your equipment goes with you (it's just in one big pile on the floor). This happenned to me every time so you dont lose anything.
2. If you have the cloak of mirroring (you really should) just equipe it to someone and let the mstand in front of the Beholders until they kill themselves.

(sorry double post)
Old 02-22-2001, 02:46 PM   #6
Lillie
Dungeon Master

Cool, thanks for the update!

I'll try reloading from that tonight - I don't remember noticing an auto-save before or after the movie taking me to Hell (probably because I was so worried the *@#%ing game would crash during the movie again).