Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 12-27-2003, 01:55 AM   #1
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I had talked to Oakenmir before on this current mission, and afterwards, I went and completed Skull Castle, and then decided to come back to him. I saved the game, decided to fool around a bit and attalk him. Well, every one in my group died except for my Assassin (tree groves kept using locust swarm on them). It was probably better this way since my Assassin was the only one that was really hurting him (dual wielding Arms of Argus +12 and Assassin's Dagger +12 ). I took him out, and I got over......10 million xp!!!! [img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img] I don't think I want to reload after this [img]tongue.gif[/img] . So, will I face any consequences from killing him (and I got his seeds, which I can use for my Wizard Quest)?

Edit: DAMN!!! My Assassin jumped up from level 14 to 55, got his moon and fiend magic both up to 15, and has about 750 mana in each one now. None of my other characters have passed 350 yet. But it seems wierd: I have an Assassin with exactly 400 HP, which 4 of my other 5 guys still have double digit HP. Sounds overpowered, and he's not even a Zenmaster.

[ 12-27-2003, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: Lord ]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 08:43 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Yep... killing oakenmir gets you lots of XP. My assassin who did it raised some thirty levels as well -- it was downright annoying as I levelled up.

Sadly, the game does not bring the impact of your oath into play, or there would be some consequence for this. We are pretty sure that the developers wanted there to be an impact, but the game was rushed out of development for budgetary reasons (like there wasn't much budgetary left ).
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 01:11 PM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Are you absolutely sure your assassin reached level 15 in his or her magic schools? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

No, seriously, killing Oakenmir seems to be quite a popular pastime among the board members. Whatever happened to moral around here.
Old 12-27-2003, 02:31 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Well, for me, I did it once... and have no desire to do it again. Aside from the XP, there's nothing of real value. There are the seeds, but they can be pickpocketed from him (with a lot of patience!) or taken from his minions.

Now, the leprechaun is a different story...
-+-+-+
Old 12-27-2003, 07:00 PM   #5
Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by bsftcs:
Are you absolutely sure your assassin reached level 15 in his or her magic schools? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

No, seriously, killing Oakenmir seems to be quite a popular pastime among the board members. Whatever happened to moral around here.
Oops! Meant to say level 12 in Moon and Fiend craft . I wouldn't have killed Oakenmir if I had remembered my oath about the Mavin, but then again, none of my people are even wielding the Mavin: it's sitting in my Assassin's bank.

Old 12-29-2003, 10:06 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

1. It seems to be a bug in the game: it must not have been meant seriously. Yes, you get 10 millions of XP. Naturally, these XP will be divided only between the surviving party members

2. No, there are no consequences raised by killing Oakenmir. The game threatens again and again what all will happen when you commit an evil deed but - nothing will happen. Most likely, the game creators planned some punishment but they did not implement it in the end.
In the other words, killing Oakenmir is a matter of your conscience. Nothing less, nothing more. I have to confess that my conscience shrinks somehow when it comes to rapid development of a newly born Zenmaster [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2004, 09:59 AM   #7
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Hahahahaha!!

Oooh, yes, we do like to fry the little critter with our incinerate spells! Much fun! Much fun! (Thanks again for that tip, Bungleau - it's saved me hours of chasing after the little monster, screaming and cursing all the way)

Cheers,

Moiraine Sedai
Old 01-01-2004, 01:13 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You're most welcome, Moiraine Sedai. And it's good to see you back here again...

Leprechaun fritters, anyone?
-+-+-+
Old 01-01-2004, 02:52 PM   #9
Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by moiraine sedai:
quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Hahahahaha!!

Oooh, yes, we do like to fry the little critter with our incinerate spells! Much fun! Much fun! (Thanks again for that tip, Bungleau - it's saved me hours of chasing after the little monster, screaming and cursing all the way)

Cheers,

Moiraine Sedai
[/QUOTE]I started zapping that Lep with storm spells, and it wasn't working well. Then I ran to him, and he didn't teleport away. So I was able to hack away at him until he died .