Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-21-2001, 05:18 PM   #1
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I guess I don't understand everything going on. I don't want to see anyone get their feelings hurt. The only thing that hurts me is when someone leaves. I have thought the point of this part of the board is to have some fun and help others over rough spots. I don't know if some people are taking things too seriously or not. I just enjoy the camaraderie--it really brightens up my day at work. I like to think I can say something to help someone going through a rough time (we all go through rough times). If I've done anything to offend or hurt, I apologize. If others have to you, I really do not believethat it is intentional. I don't have time to read all the posts, and so maybe I'm not aware of things going on that are hurtful (I personally haven't observed that.)

I like to think of this board as a place I can go to let my hair down, laugh, joke, tease, share the pain, and cry with the people here.

That's about it.

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-21-2001, 05:42 PM   #2
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah Reeka !!

Sometimes i am afraid that i may hurt people because of my poor english, but i hope people understand that i dont wanna hurt anybody. I like everybody here so i never think that someone hurts another intentionally. There is a lot of camaraderie (?) here so i just cant believe that.

------------------
"Let my spells do the dirty work" Ertai, High Sorceror of the Holy Flame
Old 03-21-2001, 07:47 PM   #3
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Just saw a message from Ziroc saying this board was down until tomorrow, yet here I am? Don't know what's up, but Reeka, no worries, everything will work itself out as it always seems to do here on this board. We are all friends here!

------------------
Old 03-21-2001, 08:54 PM   #4
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Think of it this way, Reeka, in RL, when you spend more time with a certain group of people, the more likely it is that someone is going to say something that is going to offend/tick off/anger someone etc. It is bound to happen. What we do AFTERWARDS shows level of friendship and self worth. You are goingto get mad at someone, blow up and pee in someone's Wheaties. Then you cool off, see where they were coming from and

A) if they are a couple of guys, you punch em in the stomach, they punch you in the arm, both of you go to the Pub and get a Beer and it is all over or

B) If you are girls, have a big cry/hug fest and promise to never let it happen again or

C) Mixed, guy puts hands in pockets tries to apologize while girl alternates between yelling and crying, then says it is all ok and the guy leaves a little confused, but ok in the long run, while the girl smiles and marks in he women book another guy confused.

I said this once before, but IMHO it is worth saying again: if you have a problem with something that is said, go to the source, whether it is through email or a post, and talk it out with the poster. Find out their point of view before you hold judgement. If it is me, I would much rather you bring your problem to me and have me help you work it out then to have your anger at me build til it explodes on something that could really hurt our friendship.

BK - gets off soupbox and back behind his bar . . .

------------------
The Laughing Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Old 03-21-2001, 09:19 PM   #5
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yes a drunken posting but what the hell. Sometimes you have to perceive an insult/slight as actually just having fun between friends. When I go to work I fully expect to get insulted all day long by the crew. And I give it back, just as bad if not worse. I have known the guys I work with from 1 year to the newest guy (fit right in) to 12 years (one of my two best friends). We know when we are just giving shit or pissed off. On this forum we have only known each other in months, so sometimes I guess it could be difficult to determine when someone is teasing or not. So in a way this is a new crew and we havent all determined how each other thinks, ect. Arguements will happen. Thats life, and being human. Theres no need to leave if theres an arguement. Our "crew" can sort things out. We are all friends here, lets keep it that way ok? Now I ponder if I should actually post this....■■■■ it I will~ LoA