Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-15-2001, 07:24 PM   #41
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
Absynthe is a light green liquer originally popular on the continent in the late 1800's. It was brewed using essence of wormwood and was reputed to have mild hallucinogenic effects. It was eventually banned as a "contributor to moral decay".
My favorite color is green, I hallucinate mildly, and whenever possible, I contribute to moral decay.

Ahh yes, I know all about that particular tipple! It was not readily available here in Britain between 1919 and about 1998 (It was basically restricted because the govt. was worried that people wouldn't be fit to fight in WWI if they were hallucinating and half blind - before that it had been very popular here).

It has only really been available here for the last couple of years. Of course I *had* to try it. I knocked back a huge quantity of the stuff in one go (you know, peer pressure & all). It hit my stomach like a ball of acid on fire, and I have never had to run to the bathroom so quickly.

I will not be too descriptive about the effects, but this should give you some idea....

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

[This message has been edited by Epona (edited 03-15-2001).]
Old 03-15-2001, 07:56 PM   #42
Parmenion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well seeing as you asked nicely!

Parmenion was a General in the army of first Philip Of Macedon and then later his son Alexander the Great during the 4th Century BC. Thats quite along time to hold that position don't ya think? He was over 60 when he retired! (Alexander had him killed, after ordering his son put to death for treason! So you could call it a retirement.... Of sorts! Maybe it saved on the pension payments! )

Cheers!
Old 03-15-2001, 08:25 PM   #43
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hi Permenion, I hope thats not in your current retirement plan! Well if it is I'll provide the booze at the funeral.
Old 03-15-2001, 08:28 PM   #44
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Wow! All these interesting new nicks! Welcome to Spam-central everyone!

------------------

Having abandoned my search for truth, I am now looking for a good Fantasy.
Old 03-15-2001, 09:09 PM   #45
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Great pseudo Melusine. Interesting about "Hamlet" too

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-15-2001, 09:16 PM   #46
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Bahamut: He's supposed to be a great dragon of some kind, possibly the king of the dragons. But in another story, the world is being held up by an angel standing on a ruby mountain. The mountain lies on top of a bull (sometimes called Kujata, who's in FF7 [Kjata]) with four thousand of various body parts, which in turn stands on a fish which swims through the darkness. And it turns out that Bahamut is the fish that holds up the world!

thats sort of like the definition of one religious mythologies... in some other, bahamut is king of the dragons, and tiamat and there is this other dragon, that is under him. it is said that you cant see him, if you do, youll be blinded by the pure light and its beauty...

------------------

I...AM...BAHAMUT
Old 03-15-2001, 10:46 PM   #47
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Ah cool Bahamut. You've played both FF7 and FF8 I presume? Very good games, both truely epic in size, scope and story.
And Tiamat (who also appears in FF8) is supposed to be the Queen Of all Dragons, and is evil, as compared to Bahamut, who is good.

------------------
Why?
Old 03-16-2001, 12:01 AM   #48
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Well... Mine seems kind of lame after all this but here goes... 'Lady' because I wanted everyone to know that I'm a female type and also because me and my women friends call eachother that. And 'Rae' from a teacher in a short story I wrote who was in a way named for my son's first-grade teacher (Ms. Jay turned into Miss Rae). Also because it sounds sunshiny... I was thrilled when BK referred to me as SunRae!

------------------
Old 03-16-2001, 12:53 AM   #49
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

yep lifetime! even FF3! tiamat is yes, evil, but they are alike in size and shape meaning, just maybe they were once friends before until corrupted by ultemecia. it is also said in the spell 'scan' that tiamat was a former GF... hmmm

------------------

I...AM...BAHAMUT
Old 03-16-2001, 03:54 AM   #50
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Ah, I finally have it! Sorry, that post must have looked weird if you didn't see my blundering around in the deleted post

I don't think you could ever look wierd Melusine (except you're "drooling greedily" of course )

I chose Memnoch because I think Anne Rice is the best author ever, and I didn't want something too obvious like Lestat. I'm Memnoch everywhere - I reserved the name on about 10 different boards

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame