Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-27-2000, 08:04 AM   #1
bobthealmighty

Perhaps I was a little daft, but I didn't notice until Chapter 5 that my NPC's (esp. Jaheira) had stopped talking. Reading through several guides, I discovered a whole series of quests that I was supposed to get from becoming "involved" w/Jaheira, but they never activated for some reason. I finished the first Harper's quest, to kill Montaron and Xzar in the Dock District, but have had nothing to do with them since. I read that I was supposed to meet up with someone summoning Jaheira to the Harpers, but that never happened. What gives?

This would not bug me, save for the fact that BG2 has turned out to be a monty haul for me...I've already maxed out XP on ALL my characters by early in Chapter 6...Thus, things like the romance are the only things left for me. I also hear that Bodhi might dominate your "romantic interest" and lead to another quest to save her/him...but when I slaughtered her in the Graveyard, nothing of the sort happened. Is this one specific to one of the interests, or for all of them, and if so, how does one acheive it?

Much obliged for any help.

Old 12-27-2000, 09:36 AM   #2
Jon the Hell Caster

it all matters what reputation you have. You need a neutral rep. For Jaherias romance to continue. Also certian people mixe, exmp. Arie and Cernd are in love! And Minsc is jealus of Cernd because he loves aerie!

Old 12-27-2000, 09:40 AM   #3
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hi bob, there are several possibilities for this problem, and I am sure there are some I don't know.
1) Though not stated in the book, it has been learned that the female NPC's will only be romantically involved with human and half elf characters. There may be one more elf possibliity, but that's about it. If you are anything else you can't have a romance.
2) If you had the basic romance dialogue initiated with Jaheira, and then took Viconia into your party, that often creates a romance conflict which sometimes stalls the romance.
3) A lot of people have complained that after they came back from the Underdark, they were unable to pursue any of the optional quests. This could pertain to initiating a romance this late in the game.

There may be a few more, but these are what I can remember. GL