Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2002, 06:36 AM   #1
Psycho
Dungeon Master

Hi,

It's been about 6 months since I last played Wizardry8, and I decided to re-install (Morrowind is driving me crazy... too many things to do... need something else once in a while).

I had a old NOCD patch with the 1.2.2 version, but there must be something wrong with it, all textmessages are screwed up... I get other text (i.e. if I rightclick a potion it will tell me something like cursed:3, or only female...

I know the latest version is 1.2.4, but I don't know if there is a NOCD patch available. I don't wanna switch Wiz and MW CD's all the time so I'm looking for the patch. I can't remember where I found it last time, so if someone can give me a location that would help also.

Thanx in advance,

Signed, one sick Psycho
Old 10-12-2002, 09:10 AM   #2
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Here is a link for you: http://www.spacetarget.com/gcw/games...zardry_8.shtml

Hope it works.
Old 10-12-2002, 10:31 AM   #3
Psycho
Dungeon Master

Thanx el_kalkylus, just what I needed...

I remember you from the old days... are u still playing Wiz8 or did you come back to it like me?

I can't wait to get started again... I fear I still remember a bit to much to make it a real challenge again, but it will get my mind off MW for a while.
And I missed the though fights... too bad there are so little quests to do... on the other hand, too many quests is frustrating (I'm getting depressed every time I see the list of open quests when I start MW again).

Happy hunting,

Signed, one sick Psycho
Old 10-12-2002, 11:17 AM   #4
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

You're welcome.

Yeah, I had a 3-4 month break, and now I have started my "toughest challenge". It's quite fun, and it was toughest around level 5-17. After that, it has not been tough at all. I am soon going to Ascensions peak, I will just go to Northern wilderness dungeon first.

My first team died at level 10, but after some small changes, my second team have been molesting the world, killing everyone.

You want challenge? Try playing without reloads on expert difficulty. The fewer characters, the more challenge.

Happy hunting you too!