Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 06-27-2004, 01:31 AM   #1
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

As stated, there are spoilers in this thread about the Helm and Cloak Inn in the city of Baldur's Gate:

Every single time that I have fought the Maulers of the Undermountain (Gretek and co.), the bartender always turns out hostile at the end of the fight. Even when I don't cast area spells, this guy goes hostile. Is it from spells that the Mauler's are casting? Is it from Gorpel Hind and the rest of the Merry Fools? Because after this fight, the Helm and Cloak Inn just becomes a useless place to me. Anyone manage to get through this fight with out the bartender going hostile?

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 03:00 AM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Nope, for some reason, the Bartender and Waiter have always gone hostile for me. If they see that I'm fighting, in their Inn, well, I must be a no-good troublemaker then, and they don't want swine like me in there.

So what do I do? I Charm them ahead of time, and send them out as meat shields for my party, for the Maulers to Maul for me. Serves the sods right.
Old 06-27-2004, 06:12 AM   #3
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

lol Six, sounds like a great plan!
Old 06-27-2004, 06:41 AM   #4
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
IIRC the Baldurdash fixpack may fix this, but don't quote me on that. It's been awhile since I last looked at exactly what it does. All I really remember was that I liked what it did well enough to install it.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 09:38 AM   #5
Sodomatic Goat
Manshoon

They never turned hostile on me and I been through it many times... maybe I'm just a lucky sob
Old 01-12-2016, 07:21 PM   #6
Lord Asriel
Welcomed New User

Default Re: Helm and Cloak Inn (spoilers)

One thing that worked for me is choosing dialogue option 2 "We were leaving...".

Heh, 12 years late post.
Lord Asriel is offline   Reply With Quote