Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-01-2000, 06:23 PM   #1
Loremaster

I'm using an ATI Rage Fury card and in accelerated mode when I leave the village and look back at the wall/gate there are loads of white lines on the wall/gate, and a white line distorts the inner edge of the lefthand menu bar.

Anyone else suffered this or knows of a solution please? My system is a P3 500 with 256meg RAM with DirectX 7.0A and everything else as it should be.

Thanks

Old 10-03-2000, 12:40 AM   #2
scourge

I just talked to customer support and they said not to use the most recent driver for my ati rage fury maxx, but the one before that. that is after they told me to update my driver. they also suggested taking the hardware acceration ans sound acceleration back a notch. Since my problem is causing the game to crash when i leave town, I really hope that works.

Old 10-03-2000, 03:17 AM   #3
jsmythe

Yeah, if you read on the message boards there are some issues with ATI cards and this game hopefully there will be a patch. try playing in software rendering till then, it works fine for me.

Old 10-03-2000, 08:12 PM   #4
Loremaster

Thanks for your responses. As far as customer support's advice goes, I don't backdate my drivers for any game. If developers can't cope with the latest drivers they're in the wrong business. As it happens, its probably duff advice anyway, I doubt changing the drivers will make much difference. I appreciate the game may have been finished before some drivers came out (but not the ATI Rage 128 ones, they've been around a while now) in which case a patch is needed where there are compatibility issues, ie its for the developers to get the game working on my machine, not for me to downgrade my machine to work with their game.