Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-13-2001, 09:40 AM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

So I have been soloing with a Sorcerer on Insane Difficulty, during the course of the game I encountered some quirks and did some silly things. Here are some that made me laugh. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Jaheira

Cernd vs the Shadow Druid

CHICKEN

How to make a Necromancer jealous

Land of the Psycho-moe
Old 11-13-2001, 09:47 AM   #2
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Was that your version of the Knights of the Round Table? LoL.

(The deal with the chickens was just plain mean.) [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2001, 09:51 AM   #3
nakkinaama
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have to say that Project Image thing is absolutely brilliant! Do that against anything and all you have to do is watch and eat popcorn.
Old 11-13-2001, 09:59 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mitro Jellywadder:
Was that your version of the Knights of the Round Table? LoL.
(The deal with the chickens was just plain mean.) [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Theorotically, you can have a total of 36 Skeleton Warriors, 6 PIs x 6 Animate Dead. Your real Sorcerer would be unable to summon any more because the summon limit applies to him.

Oh yeah... I was like the Undead King or something... really tough to move them around the sewer though, if this was on a plain... heh, heh... ...
Old 11-13-2001, 10:01 AM   #5
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Ho Ho!!! Too funny!!! I rescued Jaheira for the experience, but I was tempted to take her for a little ways just to say "Looks like the fool finally got himself killed", when she discovers Kahlid. I took Cernd with me for the fight also. Love those mountain bears......love them!!!!! Hee Hee, how do you like your chickens? Sizzle Sizzle!!!!! Project image ingnores the 5 summon limit? WOOOOHOOOO!!!!! Gotta try that one!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2001, 10:03 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Oh wait... I just realised... ...

ToB Minor Spoiler
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
With Ring of Wizardry( from your apprentice), you can have 7 Animate Dead.

Combined with the ToB circlet and the special ability, you can have 9 PIs... ...

7 x 9 = 63 Skeleton Warriors... ... *drool*
Old 11-14-2001, 03:55 AM   #7
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Dundee,

Off topic, but I figured you would know.

I just got the boots of speed. I heard about it speeding up your regeneration (Ring of Gaxx). I casted improved haste and used the Staff of the Magi's haste too. My sorcerer actually ZIPS around the areas. I can go from one side of a map, to the other side in about four seconds. Have you noticed this as well?

PS,

It's great. I can actually go toe-to-toe with some tough monsters and when things go bad (contingency firing off) just beat a hasty (extremely) retreat. Walk around, regenerate and then go pound some more. Bah, who needs spells. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2001, 12:04 PM   #8
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

how dod you get all the things on there pics? I have a few per chacter. Are they spells or items?
Old 11-14-2001, 12:41 PM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mitro Jellywadder:
Dundee,
Off topic, but I figured you would know.
I just got the boots of speed. I heard about it speeding up your regeneration (Ring of Gaxx). I casted improved haste and used the Staff of the Magi's haste too. My sorcerer actually ZIPS around the areas. I can go from one side of a map, to the other side in about four seconds. Have you noticed this as well?
PS,
It's great. I can actually go toe-to-toe with some tough monsters and when things go bad (contingency firing off) just beat a hasty (extremely) retreat. Walk around, regenerate and then go pound some more. Bah, who needs spells. [img]smile.gif[/img]

That is the beauty of the Boots of Speed. No more endless walking.
Old 11-14-2001, 12:45 PM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Barb:
how dod you get all the things on there pics? I have a few per chacter. Are they spells or items?

Stoneskin
Magic Resistance( Robe of Vecna, Amulet of Power)
Negative Plane Protection( Amulet of Power)
Vocalise( Amulet of Power)
Contingency
Spell Sequencer
etc... ...

Heh... you should see my solo Cavalier, he has so many items on his portrait, it actually hinders me. [img]tongue.gif[/img]