Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-20-2000, 09:26 AM   #1
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

It may have been covered before, but how does one exit the Underdark and keep Drow Equipment. The only way I have been able to keep anything is to dual wield Scimitars +3. When I exited, the Scimitar in my left hand stayed. For some odd reason, my inventory started filling up with infinite ashes and I started dropping items. After I left the Underdark exit my character had the Scimitar just fine. When I returned, I started filling inventory with the ashes again. I haven't tried this since the patch, so I don't know what will happen next time.
Old 12-20-2000, 09:34 AM   #2
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

all i know is that you cant bring out any drow equip out from underdark... its really like that in the game... BUT... i was able to keep a halbred+3 from turning to ashes when i placed it in the bag of holding, the rest turned to ashes...(sniff- i missed those armors, they were so cool)
Old 12-20-2000, 10:11 AM   #3
RedArrow

It sounds logical to me to be able to keep the drow equipment in bag of holding than using it where there is no sun light like sewers, caves and stuff, no?

Old 12-20-2000, 10:23 AM   #4
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

I tried the Bag of Holding also. I stored about 3 suits of Drow Armor in it. When I opened it up, they turned to ashes. Maybe I opened it at the wrong time and I should have waited until I was in a dungeon or such to take a peek.
Old 12-20-2000, 10:43 AM   #5
Arak

Been awhile since a done any reading about th e underdark but i dont think its the light that destroys drow equipment but distance to the magic of the Underdark.
I could be wrong, that has happened lots of times.

Old 12-20-2000, 11:03 AM   #6
Hauver

ok, there's this tried and true method. before exiting underdark, if you got Imoen in the party, simply load her with all the spiffy drow equipment and then kick her out of the party by asking her to return to copper coronet. You'll find her back at the cooper coronet with all equipment intact! However sad thing is that this drow equipment check thingie occurs whenever you transit the area, and you must go through the area to get to the endgame. so enjoy while you may..

Old 12-21-2000, 09:04 AM   #7
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Hauvers message is correct. The game checks for drow equipment as you enter the underdark exit so if you don't have it with you it won't disintegrate. I don't know how Imoen made it back to Athkatla by herself but she did and with no negative results. When you go to return the Rynn Lathorn dump your drow gear in a chest somewhere. As soon as you've entered the Elven city leave again and then go back for the gear. You can re enter the city through the forest of tethir therefore keeping it all till the final battle. Even stuff in a bag of holding will disintergrate. Bypassing the area entirely is the only way to keep the stuff.
Old 12-21-2000, 11:41 AM   #8
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I had a stash of Drow flails in the bag of holding that I took back to the Keep. Turned out to be the pre patch replicating bug though.