Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2005, 08:18 AM   #1
J'aran
Mephistopheles

I've recently restarted IWD2 after having been away from the game for a year or so, but I seem to notice there being less enemies in my current run-through than I remember from before. Example: I've just killed Sherincal at the entrance to the Ice Temple, and with her were only one barbarian warrior, one soarsmen, one barbarian shaman, two Aurilite postulants and a stormsister, whereas my memory tells me that, apart from the shaman, the postulants and the stormsister there should have been a small tribe of barbarians and at least two or three soarsmen.

Now my question is, am I really facing too few enemies, or are the numbers I mentioned about right for a party of six of level 7-8 and am I mixing up the number of baddies with those from my old solo-games?
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 10:07 AM   #2
Lemmy
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by J'aran:
Now my question is, am I really facing too few enemies, or are the numbers I mentioned about right for a party of six of level 7-8 and am I mixing up the number of baddies with those from my old solo-games?
The game seems to determine quantity of monsters depending on char level. Explore Targos Docks in the prologue with a clvl 15 and a clvl 1 and you'll see the difference. Since your solo char was probably a higher level at this point in the game, your party of clvl 8s will get fewer enemies.

-Lem
Lemmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 10:27 AM   #3
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

The game is auto-balancing.
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 01:19 PM   #4
J'aran
Mephistopheles

I know that. [img]smile.gif[/img] It's just that I distinctly remember fighting that particular battle with a six-character party with there being a lot more barbarians.

But it's indeed probably just my faulty memory. Feh, I'm gonna go back to soloing, the game seems just a bit too easy like this...
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 08:24 PM   #5
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

The tough side of playing a full party is situations where your party is a. split up, or b. you only have one guy. For example, long, drawn out siege fights will tend to split your forces. Also, the eight monastery chambers can pose a problem to a party of 6, especially the last one.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote